Author Topic: How much does it change your life??????????  (Read 7140 times)

Offline mwalker74

• Bronze Member
Going to have my procedure in May with Dr Benito.........just wanted to know how much it actually changes ur life???? For me it means I will hopfully be able to go swimming with my daughter and wear whateva clothes I like......if that is the case then It really will be life changing. Anyone else want to comment????

Cheers

GynO_DuDe

As he said above ...

But then again, depending on how you were before hand due to gyne it can be a life changing thing ...

For me its enhanced my lifestyle and way of life in general ... 'enhanced' not 'changed' ...

Offline mwalker74

• Bronze Member
thanks for that...I feel that my gyne is fairly bad......I only ever wear the same clothes.....I have a full wardrobe of clothes people have bought me but I have never been able to wear. Hopfully after surgery I will have the confidence to wear them. Also I have never been able to relax properly on holiday because I could never take off my shirt or wear tshirts that were not baggy. It will be a great feeling to be able to walk down the beach with no top on and not worry about it!!!!! I understand it cant change ur life altogether, but just the fact that I wont be constantly looking at myself in the mirror wishing I didnt have man boobs will be such a difference.......

Happy new year to u all.

Offline steve21

• Posting Member
A psychologist would ensure you do not have unrealistic expectations from surgery. That the surgery will change your life is probably unrealistic, unless you have severe gyne, but it should at least enhance it. There is a long recovery period invloved. It will be at least 6 months before your chest starts to resemble how it will finally look, after everything has settled down. My chest area is still a little tender 4 months post op and i would not feel comfortable going swimming just yet.

You will be able to wear whatever clothes you like and swimming will be on the cards, just not straight away. It will be worth it :)

Offline mwalker74

• Bronze Member
How long did it take for you to feel comfortable? I have a holiday booked in late September and was hoping I would be kind of healed by then. I realise it can take up to 1 year to be fully healed but would hope to think I could take shirt off after 4 months

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
you certainly can't trust that surgery will change your life. for me ive noticed a sudden increase in sex drive  and overall confidence despite only having a minor case to begin with i had convinced myself it didnt effect me as much as it did.. also i keep buying tight t-shirts which i probably never would have bought if i hadnt had gyne in the first place (just because i can) my friends are giving me shit for the shirts lol (ie think i love myself am wanker etc) anyway ill probably get over the thrill of being able to wear any shirt i like  without my chest being noticeable (in a bad way) most cosmetic surgery patients get a bit of a high after surgery if their results are good and then often return to the way they felt before or start focusing on another flaw. i certainly hope this wont be the case for me. i think for me it has changed my life. this surgery has the potential to give you extra confidence sexually which is a real gift. i must stress there  are no guarantees with surgery but if u are lucky enough to get good results, and don't have other (psyc) issues and otherwise happy with your body then the change can be dramatic.

Offline brad_titt

• Posting Member
 if surgery changes my body in the way that it has for many of the people who have posted photos on this board, i will be much happier, i think i can say that with some certainty. it's just a pain getting the bloody money together!

Offline steve21

• Posting Member
'There is a long recovery period invloved. It will be at least 6 months before your chest starts to resemble how it will finally look'

Not sure if i agree with that,certainly not the case for everyone.

Certainly not if your only having lipo...

Liposuction alone is widely regarded, at least on these boards, as being a wholly inadequate method of treating gyneocomastia. If excision is involved then there will most likely be, muscle damage, concavity, bruising, scar tissue etc. It does take most people a long time to recover and if you think otherwise, you are fooling only yourself :)

GynO_DuDe

Thats true ... If theirs fat only then lipo will solve it ...

Are you looking forward to your op tommorow? :)

Offline Johnny Wishbone

• Posting Member
I'm not 100% after ml lipo/incision in Oct 06 - I still have a pointed chest and prominant nips.

Despite that the volume of my chest is smaller, but the biggest thing is the knowledge that the majority of gland is in the bin.  I took mental exception to the perceived feminised qualities and went through the whole avoidance behaviour.

If I could wave my magic wand (and wasnt so lazy) I would have some more lipo and some attention to my nips BUT as is stands I no longer walk with a stoop to hide my chest, constantly pull on my shirt, or worry so much about what I wear.  I've never been a shirt off guy (I actually hate the sun) but reckon if I was on holiday and the situation arose would not be so bothered.  It would just look like am a bit out of shape as opposed to having full on moobs [note to self, must do more exercise!!]

Whether the physical healing takes 3 or 12 months, the mental process will be slower.  You've got to unlearn all the insecurities you've been carrying for years and relax into your new normality.

Good luck fella, you've chosen a top surgeon, all the best :)

Offline PaulSW

• Silver Member
Has it changed my life?

Well for the first time in years my friends actually asked me if I had lost weight (which I had 2 years ago but no one mentioned it) and I actually sat up straight in the gym the other day rather than hunched over like I would normally.

Other than the little things like that..........not really that much

Afraid I havn't had the buying T-shirt thing but I have to say I have thought about it
Surgery DEC 07 Dr Benito
Revision March 09 Dr Benito
Injection for scar tissue March 2011 Dr Levick

Pictures - http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=12440.0

Offline mwalker74

• Bronze Member
Maybe changing life was a little bit over the top - however if it means I will be able to walk down the beach on holiday with no top on......or take my daughter swimming.......or wear whateva clothes I like without being paranoid.....not wearing thick clothes that hide it....or just wear a shirt when im going out rather than putting a tshirt on underneath it..then it kinda will change my life on a small scale. Will surgery allow me to do the above???

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
Maybe changing life was a little bit over the top - however if it means I will be able to walk down the beach on holiday with no top on......or take my daughter swimming.......or wear whateva clothes I like without being paranoid.....not wearing thick clothes that hide it....or just wear a shirt when im going out rather than putting a tshirt on underneath it..then it kinda will change my life on a small scale. Will surgery allow me to do the above???

mate surgery gives that result for allot of people. if you go with an experienced surgeon and get the appropriate treatment for YOU'RE chest (usually excision and lipo for most of us on here) theres no reason why you cant expect that. although if scars bother you it might take a little while before you feel comfortable. there is a percentage of people who are unhappy with their results but i haven't seen many cases where no improvement was made with the surgery. start making consultations and give yourself a timeline. most people who get surgery wonder why they didn't do it sooner. life only happens once, don't be a passenger in your own life.

Offline PaulSW

• Silver Member
As long as you don't suffer any of the poor outcomes you can often see on these boards then absolutly you will be able to ditch the vests and go swimming.

My outcome (although still early) is not perfect but then I never really expected it to be.

My result is more than good enough for me to change my clothing habits and to no longer be ashamed of having man boobs.

I think if your expectations are as you have said then you won't be disapointed.

Offline mwalker74

• Bronze Member
Manic 91.......my consultation is on Feb 8th with Dr Benito. Hoping to get booked in mid May. Benito seems to get good press on this site....would u agree with benito?

Cheers bud

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024