Author Topic: Think i have Gyne?? THINKING about surgery!!!!  (Read 4109 times)

Offline ThinkingAboutIt

• Posting Member
Hi guys, First off all can i just say this place is great, very informative!!!

Anyway a little about me, im 24, always been pretty active and enjoy lifting weights, in hope of that beach bod lol well I have always had weight that fluctuates as a ive grown up but seems to have stablised now, im 5 ft 7 11 stone. I used to  be a chubby kid but seem to finally have got to a decnt shape! bla bla bla... Anyway Ive noticed since my teens ive always had big nipples and a "moob" type chest, ive always hated it! ive tried everything just thinking i was unlucky, ive got down to a skinny weight, tried smashing the gym with chest (which Only seems to make it more noticble!!!)

Im so glad I have found this place so I can Tlak to to people! Like i say I think i have it but could do with some opinions....

Il post some pics...
(i Duno how??/ any help lol)

Im currently considering surgery as the whole thing makes me self concious about myself and surger does seem a good option providing they do an excellent job!

Ive stumbled acrross the surgeons Levick and Karadis that seem to be pretty infamous, n if i were to have anything done like that i would definatly want it doin in the UK.

some opinions of my chest and surgery would be great as Ive only just found out about gyne!

thanks guys!

Offline Birmingham

• Bronze Member
Hey mate welcome. It's deffo gyno but your case isn't too bad with surgery you should have great results especially as you have some good muscle underneath.

Offline SDJ

• Bronze Member
yes that looks like gyne to me mate. your in pretty good shape so you should get good results if you decide to get surgery. I had my consultation recently and going to be having surgery soon hopefully!

Offline zm

• Silver Member
Welcome to the board dude.

Defo need surgery.  Don't like it like how I did.  Just had my surgery last Saturday and regret not having it done earlier. 

Don't think about it, just do it.

Alex Karidis is indeed mentioned 99% of the time on here but he is rather expensive.

I'm telling many others to check out Professor Gerard John Byrne from Manchester who specializes in Breast Surgery and Gynecomastia and will cost you £3000 instead of £4,400.

If you're asking why I had it with Dr. Karidis, it's only because I only came across Dr Byrne after I had already booked with Karidis.

Offline dexs

• Silver Member
zm I dont think you should kick yourself about spending a bit more.  After all Karidis has done hundreds of these ops with great results.  Sometimes its better pay a bit more and get the best results.

I'v still yet to see any reviews or comments from the surgeon you mentioned.   I cant find much on Google or this forum so If I was starting to research surgeons again I would most probably go with Karidis.

Offline ThinkingAboutIt

• Posting Member
Cheers for the response lads!

Yeh like i said im almost certain its is gynecomastia, cuz ive tried all sorts to get rid of it, but seems to be getting worse as im getting older!!! I thought it was normal to kind a feel that rubbery stuff underneath but now ive found out it isnt sposed to bloody be there ha!

Like i said ive only recently found out about all this and the surgery, n ( i have to admit im a pussy when it comes to opertations) n i wana make sure if i were to ahve the surgery it would be woth while.

ZM how u getting on after the surgery? Ive heard about Byrne, Karadis and Levick.

Levick would be handy for me as he is just 20 mins up the road from my home, so i hope he would be able to get some good results!

Offline ThinkingAboutIt

• Posting Member
Yeh to be fair, I dont mind paying the bit extra for the best results, ive already got some savings so wouldnt be much more.

Like i said I see the same names cropping up between Karadis and Levick.

Have u ahd the surgery Dexs? what do you think to mwy case?

Offline dexs

• Silver Member
ThinkingAboutIT - You have gyne 100% so dont delay and get yourself booked for surgery before summer approaches.  No matter what training or diet you do it will not get rid of it.  That is the pure and simple FACT!  It took me years to get my head around this as I always thought there must be a simple solution around the corner.  The bottom line is yes we all crap our pants about going under the knife but that small op will change our lives.

My surgery is booked with Karidis on the 29th March so just counting the days down now. 

Offline ThinkingAboutIt

• Posting Member
Yeh i thought it might be, but like i said i only recently discovered it, n now i know there is a cure and I have the money to do it, it would seem stupid not to!

Im at uni at the moment, but im thinking of getting a consulation with Levick and Karadis over the easter break.

Is your case like myn at all? The only thing im worried about the surgery id say is that as my case isnt severe or as bad as others that it could end up looking worse? I feel like I should be looking at every before and after case on here first lol

Offline Birmingham

• Bronze Member
Yeh i thought it might be, but like i said i only recently discovered it, n now i know there is a cure and I have the money to do it, it would seem stupid not to!

Im at uni at the moment, but im thinking of getting a consulation with Levick and Karadis over the easter break.

Is your case like myn at all? The only thing im worried about the surgery id say is that as my case isnt severe or as bad as others that it could end up looking worse? I feel like I should be looking at every before and after case on here first lol

What uni do you go to bro? If I was you I'd book the consultations with both of them but at least Levick this week since he's close to you and try to get it done near the beginning of Easter so you have time off to recover.  If you're getting it done anyway better to do it sooner than later.

Offline dexs

• Silver Member
ThinkingAboutIT - Your case is actually pretty mild.  My case is a bit more severe i.e you can grab it with one hand and is quiet noticeable when wearing a t-shirt or any other kind of top.  That said most of it is fat as i'm 2.5 stones overweight.  A few years ago I was around 12 stones and my gyne looked worked worse once the fat was stripped out.

My view would be if your in a good financial position is to book a consultation early but read these forums first, especially the surgery experiences and before and after pics and decide, which surgeon is better suited to you.

Dont just decide on distance alone but more the results/feedback.  I knew after reading all the posts Karidis was the one.  Although more expensive and also furthest away from me.

Once you have had your consultation you can then think about surgery dates etc as you wont be under any pressure to book.  I wanted surgery asap as i didnt want to go through another summer feeling this way. 

Sometimes when the weather is dull outside i think why I am bothering going through this.  However as soon as the sun is out you know that this op will change your life.

Just go for it and dont look back!

Offline ThinkingAboutIt

• Posting Member
Birmingham - I go to sheffield uni, doin masters, so Im pretty busy up n til easter so Im gona try n get a consulation then. I wouldnt be able to relaistically be able to get the surgery til end of June what ever happens, but i think I will go for it.

Dexs - Yor right, Im not gona just decide by distance, that doesnt bother me so much. I just seem to see these two name pooping up so thought I might try most. Have you had any consulations yet? If so who with? Seeing as my case seems pretty mild, makes me wonder if surgery would make a difference....

Offline Dracksus

• Posting Member
Yeah you definitely have gyno mate.

Mild or not however I don't see why you wouldn't still get a great result, certainly not worse than what you already have!

The reasons I went for Karidis even though there was quite a distance was simply due to these forums and the great before and after pics I saw. I remember the occasional complaint or unsatisfied customer with Levick but didn't really remember any from Karidis. So I eventually saved up the cash and got it done, after all it's a once in a lifetime thing (hopefully!) and you can't really put a price on the happiness and life change it can bring you.

Offline ThinkingAboutIt

• Posting Member
Yeah you definitely have gyno mate.

Mild or not however I don't see why you wouldn't still get a great result, certainly not worse than what you already have!

The reasons I went for Karidis even though there was quite a distance was simply due to these forums and the great before and after pics I saw. I remember the occasional complaint or unsatisfied customer with Levick but didn't really remember any from Karidis. So I eventually saved up the cash and got it done, after all it's a once in a lifetime thing (hopefully!) and you can't really put a price on the happiness and life change it can bring you.

yeh im 90 percent usre i do, specially seeing and reading more about it!

My thinking is tat the milder the case the harder to get a good result? if that make sense lol

Iwill def go for consualtion with Levick and Karadis n decide from there, best way i reckon. Waht was your case like? How long was your suergery? are u happy with results? (sorry for all the questions ha!)

N I know exactlt what u mean about changing ur life n putting a price on it, I would never consider surgery for stuff normally but this i owuld if i culd get a good result!

Offline ChestMan

• Silver Member
ThinkingAboutIt,

There are some guys on here that have had mild cases and have awesome results. I would go through all the old posts to see for yourself. I'm sure that you would definitely see a massive improvement.... I'm the last guy to push surgery - my case is pretty mild too and i've been on these boards for around 6 years and only just booked my surgery in after years of trying to either accept having moobs and losing them through various exercise and weight training routines with little success. It's a big decision and do what you feel is best.   

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024