Author Topic: Planning My Surgery with Ostrowska-Clark  (Read 24428 times)

Offline DamienUK

• Bronze Member
Just wanted to let you guys know that I've just paid my deposit and booked my flights!
I'll be having my surgery on the 10th June!
Nice one bro! 10th June! Not long to go now! Save, save, save! Wish you all the best man! I bet you are uber excited!

Offline DamienUK

• Bronze Member
Congratulations wezzer - brilliant news and you won't regret it.  The time will fly by but in the meantime good luck with the money saving and just let us know if you have any questions about anything.

Poland - all flies by quickly doesn't it.  Can't believe I'm nearly 7 weeks post op - it only feels like yesterday that I was in Szczecin.  Keep us updated with your progress - this Europe section seems to have got busier lately and it would be good to know how you get on with your recovery now.
Nice one zack!

Offline DamienUK

• Bronze Member
Sup Guys,

The countdown truly begins. Six days now before my surgery with Ostrowska-Clark in Poland. I have got to say; I am really excited and actually quite mentally prepared. I have gone through all my preparation and I have read and re-read all your threads on this forum in order to gear me up for the day. I will keep you posted and I will be taking a lot of pictures.

Soon,
Damien 

Offline wezzer

• Bronze Member
  • Ain't nobody got time for dat!
Good luck dude, i cant wait to hear about it all!

Offline DamienUK

• Bronze Member
Good luck dude, i cant wait to hear about it all!

Thanks Wezzer!

Offline zack42

• Silver Member
Good luck Damien - nearly on the other side!

Keep us updated and have a good trip.

Offline DamienUK

• Bronze Member
Good luck Damien - nearly on the other side!

Keep us updated and have a good trip.
Hey Zack!

Merry Xmas and a Happy New year to you bro! Thank you for your kind wishes! I am so excited and a little nervous now but I am 100% determined to see this through I tell you!
I just got an email from Jeremy today – he attached information on the Minibus as well as a cost certificate which was useful. It’s all real now!

How about you, hows your recovery going?
Damien         

Offline zack42

• Silver Member
Recovery's going well thanks Damien.  I've been a bit lazy with the massaging so need to start up again - got a bit of scar tissue to get rid of although nothing compared to the glands and overall I'm really happy with the results.

I've been eating/drinking loads over Christmas so starting a new fitness regime in the new year.

All the best and even if you do get nervous, just remember Katarzyna is a great surgeon and will do everything to get the best results for you.

Offline DamienUK

• Bronze Member
Hey Zack!

Wow I am happy for your progress. I am sure you will also enjoy the fitness regime! Good luck, bro! I am flying out tomorrow at 6:30 (I know! Not necessary ideal but it was the cheapest ticket) which means I wont get to celebrate New Years Day so much, but hey – I don’t really mind. I then spend the 1st and 2nd in Poland before the big day on the 3rd. Will keep you posted. I took some ‘before’ gyno pics today, so that I can compare when I post the pics up after surgery. Gonna be fun.

Damien         

Offline zack42

• Silver Member
Well you'll get a chance to have a look around Szczecin first then.  If you need something to pass the time there is a cinema in the Galaxy shopping centre.  I didn't go but apparently a lot of the films are in English.

Happy New Year by the way!

All the best.

Offline zack42

• Silver Member

Offline wezzer

• Bronze Member
  • Ain't nobody got time for dat!
Yeah Damien, did everything go ok? Hope it all went well, im looking forward to ur update

Offline DamienUK

• Bronze Member
Hey Guys,

Oh man what an event! I am here now in hotel Ibis recovering well from surgery two days ago. Although I have not been able to sleep well for the past 48 hours - I am delighted with the progress. I recently learnt how to configure 'Data Packaging' on my phone so I now have un interrupted access to the internet. I tried hotel ibis wi-fi, but i was not able to log on to some sites.

Okay, so I met Jeremy on the 3rd, who by the way has been really helpful throughout this experience, at the Medical Centre in order to take a blood test. Jeremy is a friendly chap and knew how to put me at ease. We spoke mostly about the changing infrastructure of Poland and indeed Szczecin. ...Just something to talk about to calm the nerves. As the centre was busy, we went straight for the Ultrasound office and returned later for the blood test. Jeremy kindly drove me to and from the two centres before dropping me at the ibis. I was instructed to meet the cab at 14:40 to take me to Dr Clarkes clinic.

Offline DamienUK

• Bronze Member
Upon arriving at the clinic, I couldnt help but notice how clean and professional the centre looked and feel. I meet Dr Clark who took me through all the mandatory procedures - filling out form etc. She also covered all the aspects of the surgery whilst informing me of the risks. I was nervous but I felt ready. I was asked to change in a separate room, a room to which would later become my sleeping chamber for the night. Dr Clark made a few marking on my chest and led me to the operating room. I thanked my stars that I wore a decent pair of boxers! I was then introduced to an anesthesiologis who kept me at ease as she hooked me up to the anesthsia. I tried to keep my eyes open to calculate when the drug would hit but i was no good and i cant even remember drousing off.

I was awaken several hours later. I felt dizzy and very cold. I remember being placed on a chair and wheeled into my chamber where i fell asleep once more. About an hour later Dr Clark woke me up and informed me that the procedure when well. I had a bigger tissue on my LHS that needed extra care but all in all she told me that the operation was a success. I thanked her. The compression garment was very thightly wrapped around me and made sleeping difficult. The nurse made me some cheese and ham buns which I woolfed down instantly after my long day of fasting. Dr Clarke said her goodbyes and i was left with the most nicest, dedicated nurse ever. She made sure she checked on me every 30 mins throughout the night and morning. She gave me painkillers, antibiotics and glasses of water. She also helped me to the loo once too! Just great service! Despite this though, i just couldnt sleep. The material used for the compression vest did not agree with my skin. I just couldnt stop itching! 

Day finally came and I was greeted with a nice breakfast. I couldnt finish, mind. Still felt a bit light headed. Dr Clarke arrived and took me to the operating room to remove my dressing. I saw for the first time in 12 years a lovely flat chest. She told me she was happy with my progress and discharged me with a prescription. I bought my prescription - painkillers, ointment and antibiotics at  pharmacy two doors down and hopped on a taxi back to Ibis. I watched a few downloaded films on my laptop and fell asleep around 16:00 and woke up around 23:30.

I am seeing Dr Clark today at 11:00 i hope she will remove the compression garmet as I cant sleep. Lol!

Thanks for ur support guys! Picture will follow soon!

Offline jakeyboy08

• Silver Member
    • https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=22534.0
Congrats mate,
Get some photo's up.

Jake
GYNECOMASTIA FREE SINCE: 11/04/2011

TO VIEW MY EXPERIENCE OF SURGERY WITH BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES PLEASE USE THE LINK BELOW

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024