Author Topic: Intermittent fasting diet  (Read 11169 times)

Offline xelnaga13

Has anyone tried this?

Ive used it to go from 20 percent to 10 percent body fat. Basically I eat mantaince level calories everyday of the week except one day. That day I do a fast.

The biggest difference between this diet and others Ive tried is that im retaining muscle mass. When I did the low carb I lost fat and muscle, and wound up looking worse than when I started .

Offline lucky8

• Posting Member
I fast intermitantly too - best shape of my life. I personally follow the leangains method so basically skip breakfast. Also miss lunch too once or twice a week.

I've done the 36/48 hour fast routine too but don't really get on with it as I find I lack energy in the gym when lifting.

Also has numerous health benefits besides fat loss.

Offline zulu90

• Posting Member
found out about this from twin muscle workout on youtube, and read more about it through the leangains website. a few months before surgery i was starting out with 16 hour fast with an 8 hour eating window. i think this definitely works. i heard this stuff is good for your body. was making all kinds of gains and losing fat, especially in my back.

Offline xelnaga13

found out about this from twin muscle workout on youtube, and read more about it through the leangains website. a few months before surgery i was starting out with 16 hour fast with an 8 hour eating window. i think this definitely works. i heard this stuff is good for your body. was making all kinds of gains and losing fat, especially in my back.

You are correct. Contrary to popular belief, fasting actually improves your over all health. Eat, stop , eat is more in line with the way our bodies were evolved to operate.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
First Sunday of each month is Fast Sunday. The money that would have been spent on groceries for that day are given as Fast Offerings to the Church. The money is used to finance the church welfare program.

This is not a new idea and it benefits everyone.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Sam66

• Posting Member
Thanks for sharing this diet information. I learned some new tips about diet. Intermittent fasting is useful but i think it causes weakness.

Offline zulu90

• Posting Member
If you get all the nutrition you need during your eating window you wont feel weak at all. Some people even bulk while doing IF. Just make sure you eat healthy with alot of protien and slow digesting protien like brown rice towards the end of your eating window so you wont feel like snacking.

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
i do the 20/4 approach... 20 hrs of fast, 4hrs of feast. typically only eat dinner during the week and then am looser on the weekends. it takes a couple weeks for your body to adapt to buring bodyfat as the primary energy source (instead of glucose), but then the fat just falls off. I dropped 25 lbs effortlessly over a couple of months. no change to my energy expenditure, i just consumed my daily energy intake all in a compressed window. each time you eat, your body has a hormonal reaction. with the IF 'diet' you're actually utilizing your body's natural hormonal responses to your advantage. once you get used to the IF routine, you will not be easily tempted back to your old ways.

if you really want to see the results go to the next level, find a way to work in sessions of resistance training prior to your feast. ie. eat dinner, fast until the following evening, hit the gym and push some iron, then come home and feast. you'll see some dramatic changes in body composition in an amazingly short time.

Offline dfoush21

• Posting Member
I also just found out about this as well I've been reading numerous articles, but I still kind of don't understand. So can you guys answer a few questions for me as well.
- Isn't eating one meal per day unhealthy?
- Can I do this everyday, instead of just a couple days of the week.
- How much calories do I have to intake a day?
- Will this diet plan affect my job, meaning will I be light headed and weak. ( Work at Walmart and I lift heavy loads and I'm on my feet all day).
 I want to do the 24 hr eat and stop plan.

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
I also just found out about this as well I've been reading numerous articles, but I still kind of don't understand. So can you guys answer a few questions for me as well.
- Isn't eating one meal per day unhealthy?
no. as long as you're meeting your nutritional and energy needs in that meal, you are actually benefiting by the hormonal responses that result from the 1x/day meal
Quote from: dfoush21
- Can I do this everyday, instead of just a couple days of the week.

if you're doing the 18/6 or 20/4 or some variation, YES. If you're not eating for days on end this is no good.
- How much calories do I have to intake a day?

depends on your energy expenditure during the day. some need more, some less... you have to find whats right for you
- Will this diet plan affect my job, meaning will I be light headed and weak. ( Work at Walmart and I lift heavy loads and I'm on my feet all day).
there is a 1-2wk transition as your body regears to burn fat for energy rather than the sugar most people use but after that you'll find you have more steady energy throughout the day
I want to do the 24 hr eat and stop plan.
not sure what you're talking about here

Offline JonesCrow

• Posting Member
The intermittent fasting is just eating all of your food in a 6-8 hour feeding window. If you always feel hungry in the mornings and likes eating frequently, intermittent fasting won't work well for you.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024