Author Topic: Dr Bermant any input would be appreciated!  (Read 1814 times)

Offline lopher

• Bronze Member
Hi Dr B,

I'd really like your opinion on my case. I've been reading posts on this forum for some time and your clearly the only person I can get some reliable post op thoughts from! (sorry guys)

Also I totally appreciate surgeon proffesional courtesy, so any thoughts of yours won't come out from me to my surgeon in a "Well Dr Bermant says this..." kind of way! Feel free to post here or PM me with any information!

So i've just reached about 5 weeks post op and i've noticed a decent decrease in the scar tissue between weeks 2 - 5 in the right nipple side as you can see from the pics below  :D

Unfortunately though my right aerola has been 'nailed to the wall'  with the help of a little 'coin shape' piece of scar tissue!  :-/ I guess it's not too bad though... Although you can see a little crease on the right hand side from the incision. I'm hoping it will pop out in the future. Also in movement the aerola is slightly unnatural, although not too bad.  :-/

Sorry I don't have any pre-op pics, but it was a mainly glandular case of gyne poking out the nipples. I had a gland excision and basic lipo. I think the surgeon said 6 grams of gland tissue and 100cc lipo'd each side.

So I am definately sure my right side aerola is attached to my pec muscle through a coin sized piece of scar tissue. I am sure because if I flex my right pec the whole nipple area wont move at all and I can feel it tugging on my pec! But on my left hand side I can move the skin around the aerola freely.

My questions for you Dr B are:

1. How common is this?

2. What are the likely chances of the scar tissue
breaking down and allowing the nipple to move freely?

3. There is a crease along the incision line where the aerola is being pulled inwards. It's not too noticeable as i'm lean. But i'm worried if this is permanent will it look a lot worse when I get older and put fat on?

4. I asked my PS about cortisone shots and he agreed, do you think that would be a wise idea in the case of scar tissue being responsible for the aerola being attached to the pec? (I mean it's not just a vanity thing)

5. Would it be possible to have a smaller type surgery on the right hand side only, just to go in and free the aerola from the pec by cutting through the scar tissue?

6. If so would you perform this type of operation?

Thanks in advance for your comments!

I don't really blame my PS for this situation, as I pushed him to be aggressive with the surgery. And also he was honest with me pre-op and said he had lots of gyne surgery experience, but almost all of it was from lipo only through the armpit. The reason for this was I had the surgery in Asia and he explained asians scar much worse than white guys.

Anyway here are some pics:

http://tagworld.com/pokerlopher/Pictures.aspx

lopher
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 07:15:51 AM by lopher »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024