Author Topic: Surgery with Dr. Vishal Kapoor in Beverly Hills, CA (pics)  (Read 3297 times)

Offline gynblahhh

• Posting Member
Hey guys,

I'm posting here mainly because I wanted some opinions (including the professionals) on how my scars look, but I thought I'd also share my overall results as well with my pictures.

I got some advice from mrpower33 (who posted here) wayyy back about various scar treatments which I tried. I'm Asian as well with mild gyn (puffy nipples), and like him am also concerned that our scars haven't faded as much as expected. Just from what I've browsed through over time I'm not even sure what options there are left to try (short of getting scar/gyne revision surgery, which uhh... I dunno if I would want to do anyways...) If anyone has done something that has worked for their scarring, please share. I don't see very many people discussing this.

I do outdoor activities like swimming and jogging with no shirt, and I don't know sometimes some girl might look at me and I'll get extremely self-conscious. Maybe I'm nuts.

Oh yeah, I'm like 1.5 yrs out. I know this is the "experiences" so here's a little bit about my experience- I had bilateral excision and lipo. The incision scar is about 1 cm. Surprisingly had no bruising, not even yellowing, and honestly pretty much felt like I had full range of motion after surgery (but didn't risk it and was very careful). Was expecting way more initial pain I guess. But still, it wasn't "easy". I've never had surgery before so in that sense I was stressed out. I didn't really have the scary issues some other puffy nipple posters have shown, like craters, or whatever. Things look pretty normal when I flex, move my arms, etc. Anyways I guess I'll leave the judging up to you guys (I took these pics pretty quickly cause I can't find my old ones), and I'll try to write more about my experience when I get some more time.

(Sorry I couldn't find any of my old pre-op/post-op pics, got a new comp recently, I snapped these pretty quickly earlier tonight)

« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 11:26:52 AM by gynblahhh »

Offline gynblahhh

• Posting Member
Here are some more pics during the day (sorry all i've got is my cameraphone to work with)-

Offline Pooz

• Silver Member
I doubt it's noticeable to someone who isn't looking for it. It's not bad at all imo.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
These scars are quite satisfactory as scars go.  And I think Dr Kapoor did an excellent job.

Surgery cannot be performed without making a skin incision -- and then, given appropriate suturing by the surgeon, it is your body that heals the wound and makes the scar.  No-one has control over that.

IMHO, if you walked down a beach, nobody would notice these scars at all. 

Would suggest you look at all the improvements that you have obtained with the surgery (ie look at the positive) and forget about concentrating on the scars (the negative).

Enjoy your life on the "other side."

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member
I can't see the pictures. Can you repost them?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024