Author Topic: AFTER SIX DAYS I SEE NO DIFFERANCE  (Read 6775 times)

Offline bob7375

• Bronze Member
THIS MAY SOUND STUPID , I AM NEW TO THIS. I HAD SURGERY SIX DAYS AGO AND I SEE VERY LITTLE IMPROVEMENT. IS THIS NORMAL ? WHEN DOES A PATIENT USUALLY SEE IMPROVEMENT ? ANY RESPONCES WOULD BE APPRECIATED. I HAD ONLY LIPO DONE, I AM WONDERING IF THE SURGEON SCREWED UP .

Offline spaceace

• Bronze Member
You are new to what? 

Can you post before and ater photos?

Offline flex1appeal

6 days is WAY to soon to see accurate end results. You are probably still very swollen and bruised still. Wait about 3 months at least before starting to draw conclusions about your results. I will say, most who only have lipo done and no excision end up back for a revision. Lipo alone just doesn't cut it on the first try typically.

Offline bob7375

• Bronze Member
THNAKS FOR THE RESPONSE. I DON'T KNOW WHY HE DIDN'T DO AN EXCISION BECAUSE AT MY CONSULT HE SAID THAT I MIGHT NEED TO HAVE SOME DONE. HIS NURSE DID SAY BEFORE MY SURGERY THAT IF I HAD TO HAVE A REVISION THAT I WOULD ONLY BE CHARGED THE OPERATING ROOM FEE. THIS SOUNDS A LITTLE FISHY TO ME. WHAT DO YOU THINK.

Offline Don Won I

• Bronze Member
HIS NURSE DID SAY BEFORE MY SURGERY THAT IF I HAD TO HAVE A REVISION THAT I WOULD ONLY BE CHARGED THE OPERATING ROOM FEE. THIS SOUNDS A LITTLE FISHY TO ME. WHAT DO YOU THINK.

That's still a few extra thousand. More than you should have to pay.

I DON'T KNOW WHY HE DIDN'T DO AN EXCISION BECAUSE AT MY CONSULT HE SAID THAT I MIGHT NEED TO HAVE SOME DONE.

Right then and there, you should've demanded an excision or gone with someone else. I know you didn't know that lipo only gets shitty results, but he let you know from the beginning that he might not do an excision and you accepted it. If he promised an excision and didn't do it, then yeah, you would have a leg to stand on. So many surgeons don't understand gynecomastia and it's really disheartening to hear all these stories.

Yeah, you're probably going to have to get a revision done. Sorry, man.

Offline flex1appeal

Most surgeons won't charge a surgeon fee for revision but the operating room expense and anesthesia expense is a common expense to be paid by the client for a revision. I had to pay an additional $1100 for my revision to cover these costs.

Offline bob7375

• Bronze Member
Most surgeons won't charge a surgeon fee for revision but the operating room expense and anesthesia expense is a common expense to be paid by the client for a revision. I had to pay an additional $1100 for my revision to cover these costs.
WHY DID YOU HAVE TO HAVE A REVISIONS. DID THE SURGEON ONLY DO LIPO DURING THE FIRST SURGERY AND HOW DID THE REVISION COME OUT.

Offline flex1appeal

Yes, I only had lipo done 1st go around. I was talked into it by the doctor. My fault. Anyhow, he did my revision 6 months later and did excision and lipo. It turned out much better and I am happy with the results 9 months later.

Offline bob7375

• Bronze Member
Yes, I only had lipo done 1st go around. I was talked into it by the doctor. My fault. Anyhow, he did my revision 6 months later and did excision and lipo. It turned out much better and I am happy with the results 9 months later.
did you have to pay for the revision ?

Offline flex1appeal

Did you not read my first response? I clearly stated that I only had to pay operating room fees and anesthesia fees which totalled $1100. The surgeon did not charge me a fee again. I wrote that response because you asked if it sounded fishy that your PS wanted to charge you operating room expenses again. I was letting you know this is a normal practice of most PS that perform a revision. Most of them will stand by their work and do revisions until you are satisfied at no additional cost to them other than operating room fees.

flex

Offline bob7375

• Bronze Member
Did you not read my first response? I clearly stated that I only had to pay operating room fees and anesthesia fees which totalled $1100. The surgeon did not charge me a fee again. I wrote that response because you asked if it sounded fishy that your PS wanted to charge you operating room expenses again. I was letting you know this is a normal practice of most PS that perform a revision. Most of them will stand by their work and do revisions until you are satisfied at no additional cost to them other than operating room fees.

flex
SORRY, I REALIZED THAT AFTER I POSTED

Offline gettingrid

• Bronze Member
I guess there are 3 possible causes

1. If you had a good amount of psuedo gyne due to being overweight then you should see "some" difference just by lipo despite the swelling. So if you dont see a difference he did not do enough lipo or not from the right areas.

2. You had a moderate case of psuedo gyne so you cannot see the results yet due to swelling yet and the results may come through later

3. You had glandular tissue primarily and he just did lipo so there is not much difference.

I had only lipo but around 2800cc since I did not have gyne when I was at normal weight and nothing hard behind the nipple. I noticed an immediate difference after only lipo right on the day of surgery. But as I said above, it could be because I had a good amount of fat and not moderate so despite the swelling there was a difference.

Offline bob7375

• Bronze Member
I guess there are 3 possible causes

1. If you had a good amount of psuedo gyne due to being overweight then you should see "some" difference just by lipo despite the swelling. So if you dont see a difference he did not do enough lipo or not from the right areas.

2. You had a moderate case of psuedo gyne so you cannot see the results yet due to swelling yet and the results may come through later

3. You had glandular tissue primarily and he just did lipo so there is not much difference.

I had only lipo but around 2800cc since I did not have gyne when I was at normal weight and nothing hard behind the nipple. I noticed an immediate difference after only lipo right on the day of surgery. But as I said above, it could be because I had a good amount of fat and not moderate so despite the swelling there was a difference.
DID YOU HAVE TO HAVE A REVISION OR WAS THE ONE SURGERY ENOUGH ?

Offline gettingrid

• Bronze Member
This is my first surgery no revisions yet. I dont know yet if I need a revision since  I am still 2.5 weeks post op. Uptil now it looks ok to me (pics are posted in my signature link) but once the swelling totally subsides things could change for the worse or better.

Do u know how many cc did of fat did he lipo out?

Offline bob7375

• Bronze Member
This is my first surgery no revisions yet. I dont know yet if I need a revision since  I am still 2.5 weeks post op. Uptil now it looks ok to me (pics are posted in my signature link) but once the swelling totally subsides things could change for the worse or better.

Do u know how many cc did of fat did he lipo out?

i believe he said 900cc

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024