Author Topic: How do you massage? (Pls give detailed instructions for massaging post-op)  (Read 3273 times)

Offline bushland

• Posting Member
My Surgeon Never Told Me To Massage, but I want to do it. Can someone please post detailed instructions for a massage technique to get rid of lumps after lipo for gyne?

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
2.5 mins per side, once a day, in round motions with 2 or 3 fingers, pressing down with medium - not hard, pressure, all over the chest area that was worked on in surgery.

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
I think i started about 7-10 days after the surgery.  At first you hear 'swooshing' of fluids in your chest. 

Offline bhut2180

• Posting Member
I am 4 days post op and hear the swooshing, its not very calming to hear fluids moving around, does that dissipate as you continue to massage or is that a matter of the chest wall reconnecting to the muscle tissue below??

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
dunno. id wait a week though to be messing around with it.  it is probably just fluid, stuff from the surgery, blood, etc that needs to be absorbed back into body.

Offline Bigdom

• Silver Member

I was advised to massage from day 2.  Got the swooshing chest noise, now day 5 and most of fluid has gone and v little swooshing.

Offline BigLouJr

• Silver Member

Offline bhut2180

• Posting Member
I was told by the PS to begin using a flat massager for five minutes a day throughout the whole area.  Let me ask you guys, I have these stiff areas covering most of my chest and under my arms, to those that are further along in the process is that normal and what time frame did you have for that to begin to get softer and return to normal??  Thanks

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024