Author Topic: 1 month since surgery, feels like the balls are returning  (Read 5295 times)

Offline Feliks

• Posting Member
Theres has been one month since surgery now. The swelling and everything has went down. However, when I feel around my nipples it feels like there are some new balls in there. Is it even possible to have the gyno returning to me so quickly? I have been through a terrible ordeal and finally got some relief when I got the operation, and now it feels like it was all for nothing.

Someone with experience regarding the topic, please tell me it is NOT possible to get it back so fast.

I should mention that I had lipo on both sides, but he only made an inscision on my right breast since thats where the fattest ball was.

I also have puffy nipples, is there anything that can be done about that?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 09:25:08 PM by Feliks »

DrBermant

Theres has been one month since surgery now. The swelling and everything has went down. However, when I feel around my nipples it feels like there are some new balls in there. Is it even possible to have the gyno returning to me so quickly? I have been through a terrible ordeal and finally got some relief when I got the operation, and now it feels like it was all for nothing.

Someone with experience regarding the topic, please tell me it is NOT possible to get it back so fast.

I should mention that I had lipo on both sides, but he only made an inscision on my right breast since thats where the fattest ball was.

I also have puffy nipples, is there anything that can be done about that?
1 month is very early after surgery for some techniques.  Firm areas can be healing tissues, scars, residual gland, residual bruise, and other possibilities.

"Puffy Nipples" is a common public term for gynecomastia. 

The problem is the the term puffy nipples is a phrase that mean so many different things to so many different people.  Words just do not convey the actual problem very well - images do a little better, but still are not the same as an actual in office evaluation with your doctor.  This Gynecomastia Picture Gallery of Puffy Nipples begins to show some of the various problems patients have called "puffy."

Putting up pictures (using standard views before and after surgery) is one way to discuss what the problem was before surgery and what has happened.   Options depend on what is really going on.

Options for treatment revision surgery for "puffy nipples" depend on the problem to be sculpted.

Let us try to look what I mean by the problem of the words only descriptions.  "Large nips", "puffy nipples," "puffed nipples,"  and "puffy nips" are a common terms many give to a problem that extends to the region about the areola.   The nipple is actually the central raised structure inside the pigmented areola.

"Puffed nipples" can be a problem for some that involves long nipples above the areola where nipple reduction alone helps.

"Puffy Nipps" can be a problem behind the areola that can take many forms.  The deformity is usually a varying combination of fat and gland.  The gland can be firm or soft, spread through fat, or be a condensed mass.  There is a thin muscle under the areola skin that can flatten tissue when stimulated. Unfortunately it is impractical to keep stimulating these muscles.

In many of these patients with "puffy nipples," there was no firm tissue under the areola, just fat and soft gland.  Here is one example of puffy nipples in a muscular male.  Here is another example of   puffed nipples.  Here is another patient with puffy nipple gynecomastia.

"Puffy Nipples" can also be a combination of gynecomastia and big nipples.

I prefer my Dynamic Technique that adapts to the problem found during surgery to minimize such issues as residual deformity after surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline Feliks

• Posting Member
I definately have puffy nipples. So what youre saying is that I might have to undergo another operation? :(

DrBermant

I definately have puffy nipples. So what youre saying is that I might have to undergo another operation? :(

Perhaps, tissues take time to evolve after surgery.  Possible revision surgery is a question we help patients explore during a consultation or preliminary remote discussion. 

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline Feliks

• Posting Member
How long post-op would I have to wait before I can undergo a second operation? And if my surgeon couldnt get it right the first time, how can I trust he will get it right the second time? This is just one big nightmare. I can cleary feel the ball at my left chest where I only had lipo, though it seems he has taken care of the right breast where he made an inscision and lipoed.

GynO_DuDe

Gotta relax and take it easy ... 6months to 1year is when you decide if you need a revision. Not 1 month after surgery.

Im 3 months post op and still feel tender/sensitive in my chest even though day by day I seem to be getting better psychologically and physically.

I also have a slightly bigger lump on my left handside but this is due to scar tissue im told although I believe otherwise. But either way, lets be honest, atleast were much better now than we were before.

Offline Feliks

• Posting Member
Indeed its better than it was before, however I feel like they have simply just drained the fat from my chest and left the lumps behind. As my nipples are puffy while the rest of my chest is flat. My right nipple is much puffier than the left one, it also has no feeling, my nipple dont get hard etc there from cold anymore, but that is because I had an inscision on that side right? and it will sort itself out with time?

What annoys me is that I expected a perfect result, and im far from happy. I might be a little hypochondric, so they around me say. But after reading this page about most plastic surgeons dont know much about gynecomastia, making them incompetent to obtain best possible results certainly doesent ease my mind, hehe.

I only had a mild case of gynecomastia to begin with, and surgery was my way out to finally make me feel good about myself. Now I dont know wether he got all the lumps/gland out or not and its killing me. And if he made a mistake he most certainly wont admit it either.

When I squeeze right under my nipples, feeling a tiny little lump, that most certainly cant be scar tissue can it? It is a lump(s) he failed to remove?

Offline NorCALSpeed

• Posting Member
  • Selling rocks for surgery bitches.
I hate to say this, but sounds they should have done an excision, and didn't. everything ive read here has said, and this was my experience, if you feel something that's not muscle, nor fat, it's breast tissue and thus you need an excision of the tissue, not just sucking out fat.

Offline Dul11246

• Posting Member
I'm nearly 3 months post-op, those "balls" that came back did not go away on me either, I will be undergoing my second surgery December 19th.  darn gynecomastia.  Sorry for my frustration, but thats purely what it is.

Offline justahandfull

• Posting Member
tamoxifen...get on it. go to an endocrinologist. do the tests and get on tamoxifen

i had the same issue after my surgery and the tamoxifen got rid of all the glandular regrowth

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024