Author Topic: 5 Day Compression Wrap?  (Read 2791 times)

Offline impervious

• Posting Member
My PS is telling me that his patients do not wear a compression vest but instead a wrap for no longer than 5 days after an exision surgery. Can anyone comment about this? It sounds like almost everyone is wearing their vests for many weeks whearas my PS is telling me all I need is a tight wrap for 5 days.

Offline MSJ108

From what I have read different surgeons have different techniques and different post op recommendations and suggestions. If your ps is experienced, I would follow his/her advice. Best of luck

Offline mannyman742

• Silver Member
Most will say that at first an ace bandage should be used to wrap, a means of compression like the vests offered.  You're going to want to have some sort of compression for as long as possible while the skin is reacting to its new form.  While you heal its vital to have compression, some have said for as long as 4 weeks you should wear the vest, or a really tight under armor.

Offline MSJ108

vest helps reduce swelling, bruising, and scar tissue formation.

Offline Dr Kapoor

• Bronze Member
    • Dr. Kapoor, Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon
With all my patients, i usually have foam compression pads under the garment (compression vest). I leave this in place for 2-3 days - it mainly serves to cut down on bruising after surgery. I have them wear a compression vest usually for 5-6 weeks to help with swelling and help the skin conform down to the chest wall. Beyond this, I don't feel there is much benefit.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024