Author Topic: First night sleeping on back  (Read 1875 times)

Offline lezgetitdone

• Posting Member
Hey guys, got my surgery done yesterday, and I can say I didnt get a good nights sleep lol.  I never slept on my back so I had a real hard time falling asleep comfortably. 

At what point in time do you think it's ok for me to sleep one of my sides?  That would be much better than my back. 

Did anyone else have problems the first couple days falling asleep well too or did you just get use to sleeping on your back?

thanks lez

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member
from what i've read, it's not a good idea to sleep on the side as it causes blood accumulation in the cavity. (i'm not an MD)
i would ask my PS for some sleeping aids, but def sleep on my back.

congrats on your surgery. share some pics please

Offline ddh

• Silver Member
Getting use to sleeping on my back was tough for me.

If I remember correctly, I think I was able to sleep on my sides by about week two.

Be patient! The next couple of weeks will really pass quickly and you'll soon forget about them.

Best of luck!

Hista_Amsterdam

Just had surgery yesterday (23-8). Have the same problem. I wake up at night because i`m getting tired of just sleeping on my back. Guess have to be patient en wait till friday. Then I will get back to the hospital to clean the wound en remove the tide vest. Will get the normal one thats cover the body from neck till back.

See here my pre op pictures. Taken 3 month ago with a weight of 91 KG. Before the surgery I lost some 5 kg, so at the surgery I weighted 86 kg.

http://tinyurl.com/2urkw5g

Will update later the first pictures.

Greetz,

Hista from Amsterdam

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024