Author Topic: Just had surgery - some questions  (Read 2228 times)

Offline chipmunkgore

• Posting Member
Hi i finally had surgery for gynecomastia 3 days ago. The surgeon removed the glandular tissues and some fat on both sides. Is it normal for my nipple to feel numb? (There's barely any sensation). Also, my doctor did not recommend any pressure garment? (he ordered it initially but cancelled the order because he felt it wasn't necessary). Thankfully there isn't any bruising or pain.

Regards

Offline thezombie

• Bronze Member
mine was on 23rd novemner.and the nipple is still numb:)..and the surrounding area as well.:D.. so I wud say its perfectelly normal..:)
no compression vest - thats a bit odd..-  i thot compression vest is a must after gyne or any tissue/fat removal surgery..i cud be wrong.
====================================================================
My Before and After :
https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=21866.msg148419#msg148419
====================================================================

Offline JamesDawson

• Bronze Member
Your side will feel numb for several weeks, thats perfectly normal and some surgeon's don't bother with compression vests while some  swear by them. Congrats on your surgery, just take it easy for the next couple of weeks, eat healthy and don't stretch your arms over your head or things like that.

Offline chipmunkgore

• Posting Member
Thanks a lot for the reassurances!!

Offline chipmunkgore

• Posting Member
Hi,

just to ask, my nipples feel numb and lumpy after the surgery. Will this subside?

thanks

Offline thezombie

• Bronze Member
i m 15 days post up and i started feeling some sensation yesterday...so Yes:)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024