Author Topic: Made the Decision  (Read 9301 times)

Offline TigerPaws

Tigerpaws -

Losing a limb or becoming disfigured and the emotional trauma suffered from that cannot be compared to gynecomastia. Essentially all people who lose limbs or become paralyzed go through various stages before accepting their new reality, eventually achieving the same level of happiness they had before - it's basically like the Kubler Ross model.

I personally don't think you can apply the kubler ross model to something like gynecomastia because you know there is a very real and obtainable solution (surgery). Perhaps having a "normal" chest isn't a priority for some people, which is fine - but it was for me and as a result this has been the most liberating and comfortable summer of my life.

I don't mean to create an argument on the acceptance board, but i had never read anything from here and now that I have, i get the sense that people are still trying to convince themselves that they're okay with it.      
Sir I could easily afford to have a bi-laterial mastectomy, hells-bells I spend many times more than that in fuel to fly stateside every month or so. I do not have to convince myself of anything, I have had emergency field surgery to remove a 7.62 bullet from my side as well a a piece of a mortar which exploded near me, I even had an an emergency appendectomy.

I choose not to take the unnecessary risk for something that does not present a health risk.

You sir are living an illusion that not having breasts will improve your lot on life.

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
Hi Pearlsnap,

I would like put into perspective the effect  of  breasts on the misery index of my life by period, 0 = none and 10 equals total

0 - 11 years  0
12 - 20 years,  10
21 - 24 years  4  (3 back fractures in car wreck age 24)
24 - 55 years  1-2 (health and metabolism destroyed by nutritional deficiencies)
56 -64 years 0

It was only age 12-21 wherein bullies had any effect.  After that point I'm out of school locker rooms and have taken up with a nudist wife and friends at least willing to give nudist a try.  From there on out everything else matters far more than the mere incidence of breasts.  They became totally irrelevant to anything in my life.  I stopped considering shirts from that point of view of breasts about 8 years ago, the first time I bought new clothing in more than a decade.

I certainly understand getting the surgery if possible.  The juvenile decade with big breasts on a guy are hell.  Half the cases shown here getting surgery would only be noticed by somebody sensitized to the situation.  Most of the hundreds of cases I have actually seen I did not recognize.  I was looking for the guys like us 3 old farts, and there are relatively few of us.  I never did see another teen aged boy with C or D cups like me or later another guy with D or DD cup size

You know, I got married, got injured, had health problems, had a business, got busy with 3 kids and breasts had no import at all during all those years.  The problem appears to pass as the people around you mature as each of us also does.  Good luck.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 01:49:16 PM by Alchemist »

hammer

You read my "story after all these years" Pearlsnap, I like Alchemist have much more to be concerned about then these hang nails, oh I mean breast.

Us old farts have lived a little more I guess and have seen what is really more important in life as far as what we need to worry about. Even with double D's, there really nothing when you compare them to other things that I have gone through!

Bob aka Hammer

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
In all this through the years another thing changed.  At some point I found that I could laugh right out loud at the bully attempting to bully me.  I ceased to be vulnerable.  It was long irrelevant before I could laugh.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024