Author Topic: Dissatisfaction -- what can I do about it?  (Read 4705 times)

Offline nitrox987

• Bronze Member
The only reason why I don't want to have revision with him is because he uses the T-incision technique, which leaves a lot of scaring for nothing.

Does anyone know what's the name of the most popular incision technique? The one that Dr. Jacobs or Dr. Delgado uses for example..

The name of the most common incision for gynecomastia surgery is periareolar incision.
As you seem to already know, the inverted T incision is not recommended for gynecomastia surgery and is mostly used for female breast reduction.

Good luck!

Offline blackcladlizard

• Posting Member
Can you elaborate a bit more. Its hard to understand what you mean by "dissatisfaction". I do however know what you mean when you feel you wasted all yor money. I had mine done two years ago and it backfired on me. Mine was fine at first but after a couple of months my skin began to sag and now it looks worse than before. I think its because the doctor said i didnt loose enough weight so he can remove the excess skin.

Offline Raboze

• Bronze Member
Can you elaborate a bit more. Its hard to understand what you mean by "dissatisfaction". I do however know what you mean when you feel you wasted all yor money. I had mine done two years ago and it backfired on me. Mine was fine at first but after a couple of months my skin began to sag and now it looks worse than before. I think its because the doctor said i didnt loose enough weight so he can remove the excess skin.

During my consultation, my surgeon told me that I shouldn't need excision and that according to him and his experience, lipo only would bring me excellent results. I sadly believed and trusted his words, so I did a lipo-only surgery that cost me 4600$ -- all of that to have the same chest that I had before + 4 little scars.

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
Wow man, I see what you mean.  I wonder why the surgeon didn't recommend doing gland removal at the same time as the lipo?  Your before pics look very similar to my own case right now.  I went to see Dr. Lista back in November, and he said it was a pretty typical case.  He immediately recommended a gland removal / lipo combination.  I'm going in for the surgery in January.  From what I can see from your after pics, looks like pretty much all that is left is the underlying gland beneath the nipple area.  I would imagine that once you have a revision to remove the remaining gland tissue, that should solve the nipple issue, as well as the lack of flatness.  Sorry you had such a poor result, I can't imagine how disappointed you must be after going through all that.  Best of luck, I really hope your next PS can give you the chest you always wanted!
Shakenbake baby, SHAKE N BAKE!!  Ya, that just happened.

Offline Raboze

• Bronze Member
Wow man, I see what you mean.  I wonder why the surgeon didn't recommend doing gland removal at the same time as the lipo?  Your before pics look very similar to my own case right now.  I went to see Dr. Lista back in November, and he said it was a pretty typical case.  He immediately recommended a gland removal / lipo combination.  I'm going in for the surgery in January.  From what I can see from your after pics, looks like pretty much all that is left is the underlying gland beneath the nipple area.  I would imagine that once you have a revision to remove the remaining gland tissue, that should solve the nipple issue, as well as the lack of flatness.  Sorry you had such a poor result, I can't imagine how disappointed you must be after going through all that.  Best of luck, I really hope your next PS can give you the chest you always wanted!

Do you have any pictures you can share? And if you don't mind me asking, how much does Dr. Lista charges you? (I'm asking this because you said you had a similar case to mine..)

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member

I haven't posted any pics yet, I was going to wait until just before the surgery to take the before pics, then post before and after at the same time.  The cost of my surgery was $5900 plus tax.  In total, it comes to $6667.00.  He charged an extra $1000 for my case because he is going to lipo out the side area of my chest as well.  He said I had a bit of a "roll" there he would like to flatten out to make the results look their best.  His normal fee though is $4900 plus tax.  I have a post started in the "Canada" section listed as "My experience so far with Dr. Lista".  At this point, I haven't had much to add to it aside from the initial consultation experience.  Looks like I may have to add those before pics a little sooner than I thought!  There is another surgeon in the Toronto area that is really good as well.  His name is Dr. Fielding.  He also specializes in gynecomastia surgery.  He is much cheaper than Dr. Lista because he works out of a hospital instead of a private clinic which makes part of the surgery covered by OHIP.  I chose Dr. Lista instead though because I prefer his technique of a small incision on the side of the chest only.  He uses that incision to do the lipo, AND gland removal.  I know, sounds impossible right?  But apparently he can do it all through feel under the skin as he works with the instruments.  For me, I was concerned about having a scar under the nipple.  I worried that for me, it may be very noticeable, and just as embarrassing. (I have a boat, and use it regularly in the summer to go out to a sandbar in the lake.  Lots of boats, lots of people shirtless, and I didn't want any strange looks or questions.) Sorry, might have gotten a bit off topic there!  :D

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
There is another surgeon in the Toronto area that is really good as well.  His name is Dr. Fielding.  He also specializes in gynecomastia surgery.  He is much cheaper than Dr. Lista because he works out of a hospital instead of a private clinic which makes part of the surgery covered by OHIP.

Actually, it's not the fact that JCF (Doc Fielding) performs the procedure in a hospital, it's because he uses 'excision' to remove the gland/adipose (body fat) tissue. Doc Lista employs a 'Lipo' only technique to remove the gland/adipose tissue. Liposuction is considered by OHIP, to b a 'Cosmetic' procedure. OHIP does not cover cosmetic procedures. Excision is covered by OHIP, liposuction is not...

Of the two surgeons, JCF is the one to go to (IMO). Canadian residents, with the exception of thoes living in Quebec, will get partial funding through thier provincial health care. Excision and all hospital fees are covered by OHIP. The patient just pays for the lipo portion of the procedure.

'If' you are concerned about an 'almost undetectable' surgical scar at the base of your areola(s), then doc Lista is the guy to go to. However, I am coming up on my seven year anniversary of having the prcedure done by JCF and you would never know that a knife was anywere near my areolas... Check out my pics, I have two areola close-ups...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024