Author Topic: recovering - urgent question  (Read 2385 times)

Offline Badgene

• Silver Member
2 days post op- Im wearing tightly compressed bandages now wrapped around me. We saw the doc but now its up to me to change bandages and rewrap myself. He wants me to wear the compressing ace bandage for few more days. but

So the nipples are removed and reattached but Im concerned with how tight Im making the bandage. If I wrap myself too tight might I be cutting off the circulation to the nipples which are needing to reconnect right now? Do I want it to be really really snug? Is possible overtightness is dangerous?

I should mention I had a lot of lipo too with drains installed now removed. I have incisions all the way under my underams.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 09:10:30 AM by Badgene »

DrBermant

2 days post op- Im wearing tightly compressed bandages now wrapped around me. We saw the doc but now its up to me to change bandages and rewrap myself. He wants me to wear the compressing ace bandage for few more days. but

So the nipples are removed and reattached but Im concerned with how tight Im making the bandage. If I wrap myself too tight might I be cutting off the circulation to the nipples which are needing to reconnect right now? Do I want it to be really really snug? Is possible overtightness is dangerous?

I should mention I had a lot of lipo too with drains installed now removed. I have incisions all the way under my underams.

These are questions better directed to your own doctor.  Pressure on tissues after surgery can be a critical issue.  Too much and the blood supply can be impaired.  Too little and there is too much swelling.  That is why I avoid ACE bandages (which can provide variable pressure depending how tight they are applied) unless I apply it myself.  Instead I use After Surgery Compression Garments that we individually fit for each of my patients to apply consistent pressure on tissue after surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia of Male Chest Ptosis - Sagging and Male Mastopexy Chest Lift Sculpture

Offline Badgene

• Silver Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024