Author Topic: Surgery is booked!  (Read 2965 times)

Offline Tig232

Hello all. I am 31 years old and have been fighting gynecomastia since I was 13 years old.  I have run 8 full marathons and I work out 6 days a week.  I would say my gyno is pretty bad, and is getting worse over time.  I finally broke down 4 months ago and told my father (who is a doctor) about my problem.  I am having the surgery done in six weeks time and can not be more excited.  Thanks to all who have posted their stories, I will absolutely post mine when it is all over with.

wish me luck!!
N.

Offline waves

• Silver Member
Good luck man!  Nice to have a father you can discuss medical issues with and who is supporting your surgery too!

Offline Tig232

thanks a million.  Unfortunately I was so embarrassed about my condition, it took me until I was 31 to talk to him about it.  But better late than never.

Offline Tig232

Going into surgery in 3 weeks and would like to post my pre-op photos, but having trouble doing so... any advice on how I can do post them????

thanks.

Offline hatemymoobs

• Silver Member
  I would say my gyno is pretty bad, and is getting worse over time. 

How is it getting worse? Are you losing weight and it is just becoming more obvious, or are your breasts actually growing larger.

If they are growing larger, you may want to look into why- check hormone levels and maybe consult with a endocrinologist. That way you can at least feel at ease knowing they either won't come back- or have a solution to stop them from coming back.

It's definitely something I'm going to do before opting in for surgery.

Good luck and post before and after photos.

Offline nitrox987

• Bronze Member
Hi,
My story is pretty similar to yours, I have run 10 marathons (3:14 PR), worked out almost everyday and I still couldn't get rid of my gyno.
I finally took the plunge 4 months ago, probably one of the best decision of my life.

Hatemyboobs is right, before getting surgery, make sure your gyno is not active otherwise it will just come back.

Concerning posting photos, paste the link of the photo in the body of your message and then select it and hit the "Insert Image" button from the toolbar (second icon on the second line).

Good luck with your surgery!

Offline Tig232

Thanks guys.  They have been getting worse because I've been getting very fit at the gym; and perhaps my breast tissue is just harder to ignore now.  I'm hoping that's the reason.  Had blood tests before I went to see the plastic surgeon and my hormone levels are very normal.. Just a few weeks away now and will for sure post my before and after pics (thanks for the info on how to post them)..
thanks again for the support.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024