Author Topic: Surgery Preparation  (Read 2091 times)

Offline tejacharu

How to start the Surgery operation? Tell me step by step

Thankyou
tejacharu
shrc.asia

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
When I started out, the first thing I did was come here to this forum looking for advice and answers, so you are on the right track!  Try to find a couple of reputable plastic surgeons in your area that you may want to contact for a consultation.  I would do as much research on them as possible, and this forum is a great place to start.  Ask if anyone here has had surgery from these doctors before, and if they were satisfied with the results.  If not, why?  Ask LOTS of questions until you feel absolutely comfortable with contacting them for the consultation.  Once you make that call, the surgeons will sit down with you and discuss your case.  The consultation will (or should!) 1ncompass all areas of the procedure from technique, to exactly what must be done, to pre and post op care.  They will also discuss cost of course!  Once you have decided to go ahead with things, it's just a matter of letting them know.  Here in Canada, the surgeon requires a deposit, so I would assume that goes without saying no matter where you are.  At that time, they will give you all of the surgical information you need to get ready for the big day.  You will likely need blood work, and a physical to make sure you are healthy enough to have surgery done, as well as signing the usual consent forms.  Again, here in Canada, the surgery must be paid for in full 2 weeks before your surgery date, so likely the same for everyone I'm sure.  The hard part from there is the waiting!  I think the typical wait time is around 4 weeks from the day you call to go ahead with the procedure.  But, once the day arrives for surgery, I imagine everything will go pretty quick. (I'm in the waiting period right now, so from this point, I'm only speculating!).  On surgery day, they ask you to arrive a couple of hours early (as per you doctors instructions).  Once they are ready, they call you in, and prep you for surgery.  (You must have someone there with you that can drive you home, and take care of you for 24 hrs after surgery in case of emergency)  The surgery itself I understand only lasts about an hour or so.  Some doctors will give you the option of local or general anesthetic as well.  So you may be awake for the whole thing if you like!  I understand it is safer that way for the patient, but I'm a bit of a wuss I guess 'cuz as far as I'm concerned...wake me when it's over!  After the surgery, you need to lay low for 1 week and do absolutely nothing.  Usually, your surgeon will need a follow up visit after the week is done to see how you are healing up.  Assuming all is well, you can go home for another few weeks.  Maybe another follow up in a month to make sure all is well again.  No heavy lifting or exercise at all for 1 month minimum after surgery, and you must wear a compression vest under your clothes for 6 weeks to ensure proper adhesion of under the skin after the surgery.  Everyone says the pain is relatively minimal...like a heavy workout the day before, but I'm sure that is different from person to person.  In any case, the surgeon will prescribe pain meds right after anyways, so you should be well taken care of there.  It will take between 6 months to a year to see final results depending on how quickly you heal.  Most people say they still have slight swelling past the 6 month mark, so patience is the key.  Hope this helps!  Good luck!
Shakenbake baby, SHAKE N BAKE!!  Ya, that just happened.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024