Author Topic: Scared and Nervous about Surgery?!?!  (Read 9064 times)

Offline knicho94

• Posting Member
I recently had my surgery after 5 long years of suffering with gyno. When I first scheduled my surgery date I was nothing but excited but as the days counted down the anxiety set in :o. I started dwelling on it more and more which only made it worse.  I had never been put under before, nor had any type of surgery ??? ???. The morning of my surgery came and I was extremely nervous, but I knew there was no way I could back out, after all this is what Ive always wanted. I brought my Ipod with me to calm me down while the nurses hooked up my I.V and what not. Soon enough my anesthesiologist entered the room and introduced herself. After some small talk she told me "Here comes the fun part" she injected something into my I.V.  Now, I cant for the life of me remember what she called it, but within 45 seconds of her administering the aesthetics it hit me quick and hard. The first thing I said was "DAMN THAT KICKED IN FAST! I FEEL SOOO GOOD" at this point I didnt have a care in the world. The last thing I remember is them wheeling my bed out of the pre-op room and then waking up with my chest flat and wrapped. It was like a blink of an eye. To be quite honest, it was really soothing and enjoyable. When I woke up I was in no discomfort at all.  After getting home I rested for a while but still had the energy to get up and walk about the house. The second day of recovery was when the minor pain kicked in. As long as you take your meds it should level you out. My only advice is to wear button up shirts and GET A BACK SCRATCHER, trust me when I say this will be your best friend because these compression vests can get pretty itchy and irritable. Thank you Dr. Dulin for an extremely painless and soothing experience. For all of you who are nervous about your surgery... don't be. You wont FEEL or REMEMBER a thing. Its like a blink of an eye. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline mrnomoobs

• Posting Member
Thanks for the post!  24 days to go for me.  I am not nervous yet.  If anything just excited so far.  I live with this since for 23 years.  So I can't wait.  I hope my exp is as smooth as yours was.

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member

Offline freak

• Posting Member
thanks for the post..I'am 3 weeks out from my surgery.

Offline Ak49

• Posting Member
Thanks for the post...two weeks and counting

Offline desi89

• Posting Member

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Our priorities change over time, The surgery I'm anticipating takes an orthopedic surgeon but the same thing is true. It is over before you even know they have started. Funny though, you never get over being apprehensive.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Roomi

My name is Sohaib, age 20 and I'm from Pakistan, tomorrow it's my day to get this piece of sh*t out of my body and I am not nervous or afraid I'm felling very happy because now after surgery I can join gym and make muscles :P and swimming in summer with friends or (I hope) with girl friend :P and I couldn't do whatever I wanted to do but this gynecomastia was stopping me do a lot of amazing things that I always wanted to do but I hope the bad time is finished, now it's my turn to enjoy the life like I always wished for :D pray for me :)

Offline lemmiknox

• Posting Member
I just had my surgery 2 nights ago. Since I'm in Bangkok, I took my mind off it by going to several massage parlours to calm my nerves... and more :)
But yeah I definitely get the anxiety attacks. But the massages and sexy girls soothes the soul. By the time I got the the surgery table I was all smiles.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024