Author Topic: Are you naked during the surgery?  (Read 33390 times)

Offline d.i.p.

• Posting Member
Hi, I'm a new member to gynecomastia.org. I will be undergoing surgery August 1, 2008 under Dr. Ganchi's care. My question to all those members, were you fully naked underneath the gown they made you wear, or were you allowed to have boxers or shorts on? I'm not well endowed down there so I am very self conscious. :-[ I'm a grower not a shower, but I feel uncomfortable knowing my surgeon and his assistants will see me naked because they do not know that I'm a grower, and although they will not humiliate me, I just feel very uncomfortable. Thanks for anyone's help!

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
For my patients, boxers are just fine -- no need to be totally naked for the surgery.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Ditto.  When I'm operating on the chest area, my patients are free to wear boxers or briefs, and we leave them on.

Not to worry.  :D

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline PhillyPUFF

• Silver Member
...X3

I wore my boxers under my hospital gowns :)

Offline d.i.p.

• Posting Member
Thank you very much for the replies. It makes me feel quite at ease. I have one more question though. I read somewhere on this forum about things patients do not know about during surgery. The person said that when the patient is sedated under anesthesia (knocked out), the surgeon and the assistants strip the patient naked and rub Betadine on them. Ive seen videos where they do rub some yellowish brown liquid, but do they rub that all over the body including genitals or only on the upper body since the surgery deals with the chest only?...Your reply is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
    D.i.p.

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
During surgery, antiseptic (usually Betadine, a type of brown iodine fluid) is applied to the area to be operated upon (in this case, your chest) and the immediate surrounding areas. The genitals are never included.

Dr Jacobs

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Chill dude, keep your shorts on...  ;D ;D ;D    Hehe, I crack myself up sometimes!   :P

As Doc Jacobs mentioned, there's no need to be 'totally naked'...  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I'm not well endowed down there so I am very self conscious. :-[ I'm a grower not a shower.

You too huh...  :-\

GB

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
Well I had my op done in a hospital operating theater and had to wear the surgical gown thing that opens at the back, and these disposable underwear things.  All of which left nothing to the imagination...

It was slightly embarrassing because the anesthetist and the two surgery assistants were all female and very attractive.  It was far more embarrassing to me that I was getting a GYNO op though.

like the other guy said, you are never going to see them again, they would probably never recognize you in the street, and they would have seen hundreds of shriveled & frightened dicks in their work.
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center

Offline ITS TIME

• Posting Member
It doesn't matter - because they're gonna insert a cathater anyway- and I'm pretty sure no matter what size you are once that thing is inserted - everybody retracts like a turtle.

Offline ITS TIME

• Posting Member
Plus - I'm pretty self concious and inhibited and once they shot me w/the happy juice - I wouldn't have cared if I had to walk through the waiting room naked.  BTW I was naked under the gown and didn't mind.  Good luck.

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Having a catheter for gynecomastia surgery?  Nonsense!!  Not on this planet!

Dr Jacobs

Offline ITS TIME

• Posting Member
Sorry Doc but they told me they were sticking something up there so I could urinate while in surgery.

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Don't doubt your word  --  but if they did place a catheter, they truly went overboard in doing your surgery. In my opinion, placing a urinary catheter for a 1-2 hour operation on a healthy young man is just not necessary.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024