Author Topic: surgery or no sugery that is the question  (Read 7185 times)

Offline hypo

Clear glandular gynecomastia that looks to be concentrated behind the areolas.

At least from where I am sitting.

P.S

I wish the people who derive sexual pleasure from peoples picture posts would go and sod off!!!

You people are like parasites getting your kicks off other peoples suffering- scumbags!!!!

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
  • wish it was gone ... bye - bye
had the surgery done,now i'm gynecomastia-less

Offline blowmybrainsout

• Posting Member
  • silly rabbit breasts are 4 chicks
thanx people for your feedback still kinda confused as to what i should do seeing as the posts are pretty varied but what i guess i what to know is if u were to see me at the beach or something shirtless would u think that dudes got breasts or pecs

Offline sillyguy

• Posting Member
Breasts?  Absolutely not.  Pointy nipples?  Some of the angles, yes.

Remember that you're very familiar with the way you look so of course you see the gyne.  I'm not sure most people would notice.  Plus you seem to be in great shape, which is gonna draw some of the focus away from your chest.

Also consider when you're at the beach, how many people are gonna get that close to you.  Does pulling your arms back, flexing help out any?  Might be a better option than surgery.

Tough call...but if I looked like you, I would've had a very hard time convincing my wife that I needed surgery.

Offline hypo

The only person who can make the decision as to what to do about your gynecomastia is......YOU!

Ultimately it is for you to decide whether you want to live with it, get surgery or seek endocrine treatments.

I don't really think it is for anyone to tell you what you should do.

Offline blowmybrainsout

• Posting Member
  • silly rabbit breasts are 4 chicks
hypo, does the endocrine treatments reduce estrogen levels therefor reducing the gyne?

Offline hypo

Endocrine treatments are typically used on people whose gynecomastia is of recent onset, the last year say and who have clearly elevated estradiol levels.

After gynecomastia has developed it becomes more fibrous and more difficult for any treatment to break down the glandular mass and so success rates are not as high as when they are used in the developmental stage.

Not to say that you cannot have success after this initial phase, just to say it is less likely.

Dihydrotestosterone has been shown to reduce gynecomastia in 75% of cases in controlled studies, Tamoxifen has been shown to resolve gynecomastia in 80% of cases in one controlled studies and a number of uncontrolled studies.

Whether or not endocrine treatments are used is up to the individual endocrinologist in question- it is here where getting treatments becomes very much a lottery with some endocrinologists favoring them and some disliking their use.

If you are interested in seeing if this is appropriate for you then you would need to make an appointment with an endocrinologist.  

Offline john_loren

• Bronze Member
I think your chest looks great.  Can't believe that this perceived flaw would keep you from going to the beach--or dating.  You have no more an "abnormal" chest than many fitness models, who make their living with their shirts off all day long.  Check out a few of them, if you don't believe me:

Offline sillyguy

• Posting Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024