Author Topic: My surgery Questions  (Read 3926 times)

Offline snycs10

• Bronze Member
I had my surgery on 2/5 and I just returned to work today. I've got a few questions I hope some of you can answer.

1) How tight is the compresstion vest supposed to be?
2) I've had tremendous itching not just under my garment but all over my body. This normal?
3) I have had some tingleing sensations on my incision sites (nipples and under my armpits). Is this normal?
4) I feel like I have a bit of fluid on my right side behind my nipple.
5) My chest is still very sore. How long should this last?
6) How long does is take for stitches to dissolve?

Offline milesed1

• Silver Member
1. About as tight as you can stand it. At first it will feel difficult taking the deep breaths recommended post-op. It will be a sensation you will grow more accustomed to.
2. Yes, it's normal. Use lotion as the compression dries out your skin and the healing itself itches too.
3. Yes, tingling is normal healing too- may also feel numbness, shooting pains, gooseflesh, etc.
4. You may need to call your Doc about any fluid.
5. They will usually dissolve in 1-3 weeks leaving a scab. It may be hard to see they are gone due to the scab.

Offline domsnips

• Bronze Member
How did your surgery go mate I hope it was a susscess well there is really only one thing that i can comment on because I have had the surgery but I have had other surgery done and itching in the area where the incisions where made is a good thing they are healing and the best thing to do is not scratch that area. But it sounds like it was a successfull operation if that is all you are complaining about.

Offline snycs10

• Bronze Member
My surgery was a complete sucess. I actually have a male cheast again. It's amazing. I'm learning that I just need to be patient with my healing, but the difference is unreal. I'm going on a cruise the end of March and I can't wait to only wear ONE t-shirt at a time and maybe even go topless on the beach!!!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I really don't know why everyone thinks that the compression vest/garment has to be so tight that it cuts off your breathing or to the point of being painful. Just have it snug dude. Sorta like how you would tighten a band-aid on your finger. You wouldn't tighten a band-aid to the point of turning your finger blue would you? Of course you wouldn't....   ;)

My surgery was a complete sucess. I actually have a male cheast again. It's amazing. I'm learning that I just need to be patient with my healing, but the difference is unreal.

Congrats on a successful surgery dude. Yes, you have to be very patient Post-Op. We live in a 'I want it, and I want it now' society. It's difficult waiting it out for sure. Try not to obsess over it too much....

I'm going on a cruise the end of March and I can't wait to only wear ONE t-shirt at a time and maybe even go topless on the beach!!!

Congrats!  Having the sun on your chest is awesome! It's amazing what others take for granted huh?  ;)
Have a good time on your Cruise my man....

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline snycs10

• Bronze Member
Thanks man- I'm having my doc send me my pre-op pics because I want everyone to see what a great job he did. I'm a very fit 26year old who had a large amount of breast tissue on my right side and a fair amount on my left (also had puffy nips, which he reduced) Had my surgery done by Dr. Jacobs in NYC and I would highly reccommend him to anyone in the area. He wasn't cheap, but I'd say it was worth every penny.

Offline scousered45

• Posting Member
It's amazing what others take for granted huh?  ;)

It is indeed.

Offline domsnips

• Bronze Member
Thats great mate I think grandpa has hitt on the head as with any healing there can be to much pressure which reduces blood flow and in turn affects the healing process. But it sounds like you are doing relly well keep us posted on how you are going.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024