Author Topic: Hole in gland?  (Read 2382 times)

Offline bobert

• Posting Member
Saw this mentioned in a thread somewhere else...

When I use my finger to poke into my gland, around the nipple, it feels harder, but when I press into my nipple, the nipple goes down, while when I move my finger to the edge of the areola, I can a harder border? Is there a hole or something in the gland? Anyone get what I mean?

Offline jinr0h

• Bronze Member
I have exact the same and would like to know also
Im assuming you are post op too?

Offline Tonyp1

• Posting Member
Mine's the same way.  It kind of feels like it's shaped like a donut.

Offline bobert

• Posting Member
Nope, but I would love to have a surgery

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The skin of the areola is finer and thinner that the surrounding skin. Perhaps that is what you are feeling.

Some people think that there is a difference between glandular and fatty tissue such that they can feel the difference. This is a fallacy and even the best surgeons can be fooled by such an examination. 

The concept that glandular tissue is firm while fat is soft (or the reverse) is simply not true.

Drawing some kind of distinction between "True Gynecomastia" Which is composed of glandular tissue and "Pseudo Gynecomastia" which is composed of fatty tissue is also a fallacy.  The usual finding is that there is a mound of fat with threads of glandular tissue running through it.

As the term Gynecomastia is commonly used these days, it refers to a surplus of tissue in the breast of a male.  It makes no difference whether the surplus is skin, gland or fat.  Usually all three are present to some degree anyhow. 
Grandpa Dan

Offline GlandMan

• Posting Member
I think people refer to the dense, fibrous tissue as "glandular". It is very easy to feel the difference between soft fatty tissue and fibrous breast tissue.

Offline Zenxer

• Bronze Member
  • Mm.. Donuts
I think people refer to the dense, fibrous tissue as "glandular". It is very easy to feel the difference between soft fatty tissue and fibrous breast tissue.
That's not true, Rob. I've done extensive research on gynecomastia and many doctors have stated that it is impossible even for the most experienced surgeon to tell the difference between glandular and fatty tissues.
My surgery was done on Oct 20th, 2014 by Dr. J. Craig Fielding in Toronto, Ontario.

Offline GlandMan

• Posting Member
That's not true, Rob. I've done extensive research on gynecomastia and many doctors have stated that it is impossible even for the most experienced surgeon to tell the difference between glandular and fatty tissues.

I'm referring to the hard masses the size of eggs or bigger. It's easy to tell the difference between fatty tissue and lumps.

Offline Zenxer

• Bronze Member
  • Mm.. Donuts
Maybe for certain patients that could be correct, but sometimes even glandular tissue can be soft. Mine was.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024