Author Topic: I'm being referred to Dr. Fielding  (Read 3651 times)

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
I had a post revision op app't the other day with Dr Lista.  I expressed my disappointment with the results.  There is still large mass of shxt behind my left nip/chest, and a smaller amount on my right.  Ideally, I want it all out, but he does not want to do it.  I truly don't understand why he wont.  I'm not slamming Lista at all, he's still a great person and easy to talk to, and is obviously doing well.  I won't talk badly about him.  He even said when I offered to help cover the costs of a second revision "its not about the money"....

He said at first he could go through the nipple, with a standard incision, and cut out the larger mass on my left side, but it risked making it look worse.  Lista said he really felt that all that could be done was done, but he did acknowledge the left side being larger in terms of scar tissue etc.  He then decided he wished me to go for a 2nd opinion to Dr. Fielding, for Lista's benefit, and for mine.  So although I'm sure its not the case, but... what if Lista just calls Fielding and says 'agree with me'?  So, on the advice of others, Im contemplating going to someone alltogether new. 

I don't want to pay anything for the consult ideally - Im not sure if Fielding would be free either. 

Any suggestions for reputable surgeons in gyne field in the southern ontario region?  Dr. Sproule was mentioned to me by braveboy.  Just wondering if there's any others, or should I just go to Fielding (in 3 months time Im sure).

I have never heard of Sproule before, and his website is always down.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 10:01:13 PM by PeterBateman »

Offline braveboy

• Gold Member
  • formerly shyboy
Hey pete I started researching dr spoule back when i joined this board when my user ame was shyboy but no feedback on this board about him.I see him alot on tv doing lot of correction work on surgerys that have gone bad.He also has a charity that he heads up overseas to the less fortunate,so i know $$ is not the motivation in his practice he realy wants to help people.I went and saw him before Lista i was not charged a consultation fee and he was confident that he could fix my chest.His price was $3000 at the time but as you know i had a servere case of gyno.I went with Lista because i did not want the nipple incision and that was the only reason.I notice his site is down but he did have one so you might want to call his office for details(416-439-1718).do a search on him on line there is a ton of stuff on the net about him.Listen at the end don't take my advice with out feeling comfortable with him and his capabilities.

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
I may call him, thanks braveboy.  The only thing that concerns me is him not having a website ( i know fielding doesnt either, but then all these guys on this board have gone to him)...plus the fact no one on here has seemed to have gone to him. 

scarborough too....yuck.

Offline braveboy

• Gold Member
  • formerly shyboy
yea man i know just another option thats all,as far as his web site he did have one but i don't know what happened.Pete believe me i'm not trying to push you to him maybe check yellow pages for plastic surgeons in your area and call them and see if they charge a consultation fee if not you have nothing to lose and you get another opinon.Who hnows i might be in the same boat as you and want another opinon

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
by no means did i think u were pushing sproule.  not at all.  ive got to look around i guess.  but at least i know u liked him.  thats one up for him in a sea of plastic surgeons.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
by no means did i think u were pushing sproule.  not at all.

Geeze, look what you have done brebguy...    j/k dude...   ;D

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
He then decided he wished me to go for a 2nd opinion to Dr. Fielding, for Lista's benefit, and for mine.  So although I'm sure its not the case, but... what if Lista just calls Fielding and says 'agree with me'?

Yeah, well, Fielding and Lista did know each other during their internship...  so... wink, wink....  ;)

You knowwww, it would be very interesting to hear what JCF has to say about your case dude. Think about it... 'if' JCF does 'agree', so to speak, with Dr. Lista, then we know why...   :P   The consult with JCF is paid by OHIP, so you will not be out of pocket. I'd say go for it dude... Arrange the consult with JCF and find out what his opinion is...

GB

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
ill post some pics maybe soon.  this whole thing is a nightmare sometimes.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024