Author Topic: Cost  (Read 5686 times)

Offline lightningadam

Hey guys, I had a consultation and was wondering about price and can it be negotiated. I am going to see other surgeons in the area to get a better idea. I am from the southeast region and according to the web This is supposed to be the lower end of the average. My quote was 6000. I am 5'10, 223 and losing weight. Also has anyone used the PS financing? I figured the Interest rates would be sky high. Any input or advice is appreciated.

Offline exileman

• Posting Member
that  sounds to expensive ; i would think it would be more on the east or west coast than in the midwest; I'm going in weds (9/5) for my surgery; i'm having three procedures--> the gyne, a neck lift, and some abdominal and flank lipo for $8200; the geno alone is around $3500; i'm having the surgery in Cleveland; keep doing your homework; 

Offline BigLouJr

• Silver Member
Save money dude, $ 800 in Peru, including anything. I have my surgery next tuesday so be on the look out for my photos.

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
  • Gyne transformed me into a living dead.
Save money dude, $ 800 in Peru, including anything. I have my surgery next tuesday so be on the look out for my photos.

whats the name of the doctor?
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did...

Dr Benjamin Herbosa's Contact Info (Dr Benny)

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member

Uh, um,  I do not think I would leave the country  for this  operation. If there is a problem health wise I do not think a doctor in Peru is where you want to be treated.
        Peru!  thats a couple grand to go there  anyway

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
 no way would I go out  of country . What happens if you need  to  have post op  visits 3 weeks after operation? 

Offline BigLouJr

• Silver Member
Dude, I do not see you getting any post operations after 3 weeks unless is a life threatening emergency and then, the last thing you would anyways is travelling.

Do the math.
plane round trip  631
surgery 800
hotel and food 250

total  1681.

With the money that you save you can probably go 3 times back to peru and do a different surgery, like lipo on your love handles, and still have money left. Or you can stay here, pay US doctors over $6500 to do the same thing or worst. Only you can decide since it is your money.

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
I say go for it big lou. I'm actually going to Peru on Tuesday for a couple of months.  If I hadn't just had the surgery, I would definitely look into it.  Of course, I would insist on local anasthesia.  I'd be too scared of waking up with one less kidney and a sore butt.

Offline BigLouJr

• Silver Member
Today is the second day after the surgery and I am very happy with the results. See the surgery experience posting for more.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Congrats, BigLouJr!  I'm glad you're on this side of it and happy.  Keep us posted on how things are going.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline IRISH123

• Posting Member
I am about the same size as you dude. 5'8 and 215.

I am going to Dr. Eliot Jacobs (probably the most expensive) in New York. It cost 7300 for excision and lipo and lipo underneath the armpits.

I put down 3 G's and financed the rest. I have to pay like 250 a month for 18 months. Which is nothing. I do have nice credit though and I got like a 4% interest.

Of course there are cheaper surgeons but Dr. J is the man. He's an innovator on this type of surgery and I am buying partly his reputation.

Hope this helps.

Offline BigLouJr

• Silver Member
Got back from Peru and it went great. Read my posts and photos on the proper forums (photos, experience with the surgery).

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024