Author Topic: Surgery 2 days ago  (Read 2771 times)

Offline BPD

• Posting Member
I had surgery 2 days ago by a military PS.  There was no cost and I was nervous going into it because I had doubts as to his expertise.  During pre-op appointments he said I had a mild case and that lipo would be needed with a chance of excision as well.  I expressed some concern with some fatty tissue near the armpit too.  He didn't know if he could do much about it.  Everything when smooth before the surgery.  I was put under and woke up some time later in a recovery room with a compression vest and drains in place.  I stayed over night and had minimal pain which was taken care of with percocet.  Today was the day I was able to shower for the first time and get the vest off for a few minutes.  I removed the vest and some extra padding and took a first look.  I was shocked!  There is no bruising at all.  I have much better results than I thought I would.  The contour is great.  The PS was able to contour the high chest fat I was worried about too.  He did a great job.  The only problem I see right now is that there is still some puffiness in one of my nipples, but I'm not worried about it at this point.  My drains have not been working properly, but they get pulled tomorrow.  Overall I am VERY pleased.  I was in a real funk for a little over a year.  Knowing I don't have anything to hide anymore is a huge relief.  I will post before and after pics when I get them, and will be glad to answer any questions, especially from military members.  They took care of my problem for free, and it was less of an ordeal than I thought it would be.  All the medical personel I dealt with were very professional and did not make me feel embarrassed.  I'll keep this thread updated as I progress.

Offline BPD

• Posting Member
Had my follow up yesterday.  Both myself and the doc are pleased with the results.  He wants to see me in another month and take the after photos, so it will be awhile till I get any posted.  I thought having the drains pulled would be an ordeal, but the only thing I felt was when he cut the stitching he had to keep them in place.  That is when I first noticed my chest is pretty numb.  Also, over yesterday and today more swelling developed.  I am a little sore still, but nothing to really complain about.  

Offline BPD

• Posting Member
Well, it's been a week now. Still swollen.  The minimal bruising that appeared around 2 days after surgery is gone.  overall I feel much better.  I have gotten used to the vest and I am hardly sore at all anymore.  So 3 more weeks with the vest and I'll be out and about in a t-shirt.  I'm so glad I wont have to wear sweatshirts or baggy shirts anymore, what a relief.  

Offline Texan

• Bronze Member
  • Everythings Bigger In Texas
The two military surgeon operations I've read about have been successes, pretty tight.

Congrats man, I'm gettin mine done in about 3 weeks, wish this guy was a military PS. ;)
Man Boobs Gone In 3 Weeks.
Hopefully It All Works Out.

Offline BPD

• Posting Member
Good luck with yours!  As I said before, I was very skeptical as I don't really hold military doctors in the highest regard, but this guy produced awesome results.  I had what he described as a minor case, so maybe it was just that the degree of difficulty was very low.  I tend to believe that if a military doc can do it anyone can.  I go for another follow up in a few weeks and he will be taking the after pics.  I can't wait to compare and post them here.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024