Author Topic: Doc Question  (Read 2501 times)

Offline RickWalia

• Posting Member
Im about to go to docter and i wanted to ask him to check my hormones and i want him to check up my chest to see how how much fat is in it and if any gland ?
so my questions are jus 2

1) what is it called to screen ur chest to see if its fat or gland in it  should i jus say x-ray it ?
2) if fat is building wrong place in ur body is it because of hormones problems or can be something eles like im fat 233 pound but fat storing in my chest

DrBermant

Im about to go to docter and i wanted to ask him to check my hormones and i want him to check up my chest to see how how much fat is in it and if any gland ?
so my questions are jus 2

1) what is it called to screen ur chest to see if its fat or gland in it  should i jus say x-ray it ?
2) if fat is building wrong place in ur body is it because of hormones problems or can be something eles like im fat 233 pound but fat storing in my chest

For hormone evaluations, I prefer my patients use an endocrinologist, a doctor who specializes in evaluation of the hormones and endocrine system.  There are several medical conditions where people tend to have unusual fat distributions.  A good endocrinologist will take a patient's history, examine them, and then, if appropriate, order lab testing.  Based on the results, further tests may be indicated.

A Male Chest Mammogram is a special X-ray that shows fat vs. gland.  Not all mammography centers know how to perform this test on men well.  I prefer to examine my patients before ordering such tests and normally only order such tests if I am concerned about what I am feeling during my examination.  It is rare I ask my patients to have such testing.  However, when a patient already has had a mammogram, I ask that they bring the films with them so I can use what I see on the films to better understand what I will be sculpting.  With my Dynamic Technique Male Chest Sculpture, I am able to contour the problem as it shows itself during surgery.

Body Fat can also be measured with Body Fat Analyzers.  Such reading coupled with a Body Mass Index Calculator and clinical examination are good tools to evaluate if someone should be losing weight before surgery.  In general, weight loss before surgery is better than weight loss after surgery.  Losing weight is a coarse tool, you cannot pick where fat goes on, nor where fat comes off.  Men tend to put fat on the belly and chest first and take it off those regions last.  Plastic surgery is better reserved as a refinement tool.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

DrBermant

Here is a new page I just added about Gynecomastia Tests and Diagnosis to answer such questions about labs and male breast enlargement.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024