Author Topic: Went away, came back  (Read 1986 times)

Offline systematic123

Hey everyone,
So, I was about 15-16 years old when I noticed I had some hard, painful lumps under my breasts.  After about 6 months to a year they went away.  Well, here I am at 20 and I've noticed a return of the gynecomastia.  It came back within the last 6 months and this time is not hard or painful, but more of a rubbery mass.  I was just wondering what the chances are of regression, or if it is pretty much too late at this point leaving surgery as the only option.  Side note:  I still have patches of facial hair missing if that makes any difference.
Thanks for reading!  I appreciate any answers.

Offline systematic123

I might also mention that I am 100% sure this is gynecomastia.  Additionally, I am not overweight.

Offline jimbob1988

• Bronze Member
Well I think you could have just entered puberty late and maybe your body is changing a bit now, so if it comes back then leave it for a year or so and if its still there then get plastic surgery to remove it.

There is a chance of it coming back (its just a chemical imbalance) but usally it doesnt strike twice from what i've heard. But gyno is always hard tissue underneath the skin ... rubery sounds like your skin. Does it point out? Or would you be able to notice something if you were someone else?

Offline systematic123

Thanks for the reply.
It's definitely noticeable.  My nipples have the trademark conical shape, however the right side is slightly worse than the left.  As for the late puberty... my parents have always said I was a late bloomer.  But can someone who is 20 really be going through a "second stage" of puberty so to speak?  Alas, here's hoping I'm just going through a hormonal change again.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
To all appearances, I completed puberty as I was nearing the age of 35.

At the age of 48, following a wrist fracture and a whole series of x-rays a very puzzled orthopedic surgeon told me that the joint deterioration and arthritis were appropriate to my actual age. The maturation of my long bones would have been more typical for a boy between 17 and 19 years of age.

At the age of 71, I still have a rather high pitched voice. It is not uncommon for me to be called "Ma'am" on the phone.

All of which I find highly humorous. I am the father of eight, Twenty five Grandchildren (actually the number changes so often that I get confused) and three great grandchildren.

Could you still be in puberty at your age, The obvious answer is yes.

You should see a Dr. and explore this possibility. There are a number of problems that could be avoided if you are in fact a "late bloomer."

I was very fortunate in that I did not have a lot of problems and eventually everything stabilized and I am of normal height etc. People with hormonal problems are not commonly that fortunate.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024