Author Topic: Surgery tomorrow, Dec 3rd  (Read 7134 times)

Offline Jezz

• Posting Member
Hi all,
First post here.  My surgery is tomorrow with Fielding.  I'm a little nervous about going under  :(  hehe.

I have a few questions:

What kind of things can I do to keep the swelling down?  Can I put anything on my chest to help the healing process?
I don't want to insult Fielding by asking him, but how do I make sure HE makes sure to get all of it!?  8)
Can I sleep on my side?  If so, are there any drawbacks? (ie: more swelling?)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 09:01:28 PM by Jezz »

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Yeah. You're supposed to have ordered a compression vest. Even your doc should have known that or have told you.
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline Jezz

• Posting Member
Yeah. You're supposed to have ordered a compression vest. Even your doc should have known that or have told you.

He said he's providing it...

Offline tigertown

• Posting Member
Hi all,
First post here.  My surgery is tomorrow with Fielding.  I'm a little nervous about going under  :(  hehe.

I have a few questions:

What kind of things can I do to keep the swelling down?  Can I put anything on my chest to help the healing process?
I don't want to insult Fielding by asking him, but how do I make sure HE makes sure to get all of it!?  8)
Can I sleep on my side?  If so, are there any drawbacks? (ie: more swelling?)

i had my surgery with fielding last week,
i was kinda nervous too, but dont be..

you can't really do anything to the chest for swelling except wear the vest.
i also slept in an almost sitting upright position to minimize swelling. i tightened my vest up pretty good too.

i was and am still unable to sleep on my side, which i s driving me crazy, but ohwell...

Offline Jezz

• Posting Member
i was and am still unable to sleep on my side, which i s driving me crazy, but ohwell...

lol, that's gonna drive me nuts!  :o

Also, I don't feel this "hard" disc  under my nipple like others do on this board.  But I think he said he's still going to open my nipple.

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Ohh....well then your good to go.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
My surgery is tomorrow with Fielding.

Congrats!  Make sure you take a book or PSP or something similar as they make you wait a few hours before heading off to surgery.

I don't want to insult Fielding by asking him, but how do I make sure HE makes sure to get all of it!?

That, is out of your hands dude... Don't worry, JCF will fix you! He's Da Man!!!

GB

Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Jezz

• Posting Member
Hey all, just got back from my Surgery!  It went well, I think.  I came off the drugs well, and was walking out on my own an hour and a half after I woke up.  I didn't see Fielding as he was in another surgery, but I have an appt booked for next week.

Few questions, my left side seems a little bigger than the right.  Yes I realize it's only hours after my procedure but you still can't help but wonder, know what I mean?  ;)  The left pad is also higher on my chest than the right, so that may have something to do with it.  All in all, I have a lot of uncomfort (vest, soreness), but no real pain.

Thanks all for your help and advice.

Offline Jezz

• Posting Member
Pain has increased a little in the past hour, heh.  Gonna pop a couple T3's.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Hey all, just got back from my Surgery!  It went well, I think.

Congrats!

Few questions, my left side seems a little bigger than the right.  Yes I realize it's only hours after my procedure but you still can't help but wonder, know what I mean?  ;)

Give it 3-6 months before even 'thinking' of passing judgment on your results... Be patient!

GB

Offline tigertown

• Posting Member
my left is bigger than right aswell

turns out i had a small hematoma on that side

and it and still is a little more swollen,

to be honest i dont really look at my chesr alot right now, it kinda grosses me out but i know it will look awesome when done

Offline Jezz

• Posting Member
I just went through the worst night of my life.  And although my chest is a lot more sore this morning, the main pain wasn't from the surgery.

It was because the anesthetic would not let me pee.  So I had to go back to Emerg, they have to stick a tube up there.  It's still connected right now and I have a little bag beside me collecting my urine.  Fielding said I should be fine when I take off the bag today, as it was the drugs that wouldn't let me urine.

Offline tigertown

• Posting Member

Offline Jezz

• Posting Member
Okay, I got the tube removed, and I can pee again.  A man should never have to experience what I experienced.   ;)

Fielding said it can sometimes happen to males from one of the drugs they give you while you're under.  I'm okay now.

Chest is really sore tho!  Just popped a percocet.

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
They stuck a tube up your urethra? Or was it somewhere else?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024