Author Topic: Op tomorrow with Karidis *All done*  (Read 9917 times)

Offline vegasgo

• Posting Member
Tonight is the last night of me ever having gyne.

Slightly nervous but confident I am in the best hands.

Here I am presently

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Still need to shift a couple of stone aftewards. Will hopefully be fit enough to post here tomorrow to let everyone know how it went. Without this board this would never be happening to me.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 05:44:20 AM by vegasgo »

Offline popeye

All will be well indeed - I had my op yesterday with him.

The funniest thing was waiting some ten mins before going under the anaesthetic. The next second I was woken by the Anaesthatist and I asked him was it done or am I still waiting. He just smiled and said yes of course. Within ten mins after that I was in my room and had my food and I was feeling better than I thought I would be.

I had quite a sore throat last night and today and I've been hiccuping all day. I'm not in any real pain and have not taken any pain killers I was given, although I had now taken all three antibiotic pills. The vest can be quite tight but it's more bearable now that I've changed the dressings today.I will not change these dressings for another seven day. I got a call from Chantelle this afternoon seeing if I'm ok and she's said what I've done today is fine.

You will be good hands, and just like me, I'll be back in the gym in a few weeks.

Offline vegasgo

• Posting Member
Well, I've made it through to the other side, no problem. Effortless procedure, 8 hours on from the op and apart from feeling like I'm being bear-hugged by Giant Haystacks, I feel fine.

Dr. Karidis took out 550ml fat from each breast, plus 26g of gland from each breast. I guess that's quite a lot? Hoping the results look good tomorrow when the garment comes off and all the padding. Will upload some pics as well.

Happy days here I come...
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 06:16:12 PM by vegasgo »

Offline vegasgo

• Posting Member
OK, just taken off the vest and plasters for the first time. Yep, I'm flat, but a long road ahead I feel. The incisions under the nipples are hardly noticeable, more so under the arms but hardly any problem.

Lots of creasing, craters in both sides - I guess that's normal so early. I don't think the large amount of absorbent padding helped under the vest as it gives an uneven distribution of compressesion which I think caused some of the creasing, tomorrow things may look better. There is also a hard lump on the right side to the left of the nipple - scar tissue? It does look a bit of a mess. I'm hoping the creasing will flatten out and the craters fill out a little over the next few days. Let me know what you think.

Offline thetodd

It looks like your bodies reacted badly to the surgery, looking at the brusing everyone reacts differntley. I think that creasing may just be caused by swelling you wont have any scar tissue yet itl just be swelling. Make sure you just take the arnica and take it easy!

Wear the vest! Sleep at an elevated position ... relax itl better in time :)
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline Nomoregyne

• Bronze Member
Mate, at this early stage creasing, loose skin and indents are all very normal and part of the process.

I had my surgery about 3 weeks ago and had similar amounts removed as yourself. 25grams each side I think and around 500mls of fat. When I took off my vest I had indents and creasing. When I tensed my chest muscles the skin was loose.....

Now I really couldnt be more delighted with the results. It gets better every day and looks fantastic. Dont analyse things too much or worry at this point...you have a long road ahead and things will right themselves. Just give it time

Offline vegasgo

• Posting Member
Thanks for your comments. Helluva improvement today, coming along nicely. Will do more pics tomorrow. Am finding the compression vest a pain - not on the chest but around my gut!

Offline popeye

I'm glad it's going well for you. Things going well here too. I'm now four days after the op and there's no bleeding. There's still some numbness as expected but bruises are already turning to a lighter shade of yellow. Insitions under the arms have now turned to a scab. Which is encouraging.

Just wondering yesterday if any post op advice differs from patient to patient in terms of how much is taken out, or for that fact, based on another factor. How long were you told to sit up to sleep at night? How long was you told to keep the padding on when wearing the vest?

Offline vegasgo

• Posting Member
I wasn't told anything about sleeping upright. I did on the first night but not last night, just feel the straighter you are, the better chance of a tighter finish. Don't know if that's the right thing to do, but it's very hard sleeping upright and you tend to slip down anyway.

I took the padding off after 24 hours. Again, thought it gave an uneveness to the compression. The difference in my chest for the rest of the day was considerable after.

One question, do the incisions under the arms have internal stitches? I have what appears to be one sticking out from one of them.

Offline kingboob

I wasn't told anything about sleeping upright. I did on the first night but not last night, just feel the straighter you are, the better chance of a tighter finish. Don't know if that's the right thing to do, but it's very hard sleeping upright and you tend to slip down anyway.

I took the padding off after 24 hours. Again, thought it gave an uneveness to the compression. The difference in my chest for the rest of the day was considerable after.

One question, do the incisions under the arms have internal stitches? I have what appears to be one sticking out from one of them.

Some times the stitches do poke through the skin; I don't know if the body spits them out or something, but I have had quite a few surgeries and I get the odd stitch coming out every time. 

I don't know about sleeping upright, your surgeon is the best person to ask.   All I can say is that I was never adviced to sleep upright after any surgery; just sleep however I found comfortable.

I can't see your before pictures now, but I think I remember seeing them a few days ago........ were you the guy who had quite a bit of loose / droopy skin along with the moobs before surgery?    If so I hope Karadis discussed expected results; total male model perfection is unlikely when starting off with moobs at the more severe end of the scale.     

If so I would say the creasing is down to loose skin and will probably improve over time.   Cratering also can improve a bit, especially with some pec work at the gym.  I had extreme gyne with massive skin excision after weight loss.  I found I had a bit of cratering, a fair bit of creasting and still left over loose skin post op....... all three areas have improved a lot over the last 2 years or so, it isn't perfect but I never expected perfection.   I feel Pec work at the gym has helped me fill out a bit of saggy skin / creases......... that may be something you want to consider once you are all healed up and fit to exercise.

The hard lump could be a little blood clot or some irritated tissue... things start to swell up and get inflammed immediately in my experience, probably happens during surgery to be honest.......... any time the body is injured it starts trying to repair things straight away.   My guess is it is nothing worry about, but any concerns and you should get straight on the phone to Karidis for proper medical advice.

Offline Whiff

• Bronze Member
Hello there things will improve dramatically in a short period of time, dont worry. Do you have before pictures? how much did you have removed (fat & gland)?

Offline vegasgo

• Posting Member
Pre-op.

550ml of fat and 26g of gland removed from either side. I am now at day 3

Post op day 3

Some big improvments from day 1, the creases are smoothing out, as well as the crater effect. I still need need to shift a couple of stone though - until then I know I won't look right. I think I had quite an extreme case, but hopeful of a good outcome here. I thought I might have turned black by now, but only some yellow bruising has appeared since day 1.

Offline Whiff

• Bronze Member
think we were similar if anything i was slightly worse I think. I had 450ml from each side and 18g gland. It takes a long time if you check out my previous posts you'll see what to expect at 3 months I'll post some more soon I'm about 7 months now.

Offline vegasgo

• Posting Member
Whiff, I've looked through your posts and your pics don't load - seems to be a common problem on this board?

Offline Whiff

• Bronze Member
Youre right it wont let me upload them for some reason and they're not that big. #Anyone any idea why?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024