Author Topic: Saw Fielding yesterday in Toronto  (Read 5339 times)

Offline nope1

• Gold Member
I had my consultation with Dr. Fielding yesterday and I have lipo only booked for a revison of my original PS booked for Mar 21, 2005.

I have a couple questions, those you have that had lipo only, what is recovery time like? I have an office job and sit at a desk, no lifting.  When can I return to the gym?

The secretary told me that I couldn't drive home, even tho I'd only be under local anesthetic.  Anyone who had Fielding or lipo only told they can't drive home?  This is a problem because I haven't told anyone about my surgery and don't plan to.

Thanks

Offline filoncat

Even though it's only local, it could be that it's hospital policy not to let anyone who has had anesthesia (even local) drive home.
  You could always take a cab to a subway stop, and then take the TTC home...
  Good luck!

That "secretary" is an odd duck, isn't she?  Very indiscreet-- I had to keep asking her to keep her voice down, as she was blurting personal information to the whole waiting room!

Offline nope1

• Gold Member

Even though it's only local, it could be that it's hospital policy not to let anyone who has had anesthesia (even local) drive home.
  You could always take a cab to a subway stop, and then take the TTC home...
  Good luck!

That "secretary" is an odd duck, isn't she?  Very indiscreet-- I had to keep asking her to keep her voice down, as she was blurting personal information to the whole waiting room!

oh man, yeah, she's not too friendly.  She gave me that feeling I was bothering her or something.  As for the TTC, I live 45 min away from Toronto, so public trans isn't an option...I'm probably getting a friend to drive

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

'Leslie' seemed to be okay to me. As for her level of voice, yeah it was about normal (not a whisper). But hey, who cares!  ::)  The other people in the waiting room are probably in a similar boat (some condition they want gone or have installed ) as you. Besides, you'll probably never see those people again in your life. Lighten up Dude!  ;)
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline nope1

• Gold Member

'Leslie' seemed to be okay to me. As for her level of voice, yeah it was about normal (not a whisper). But hey, who cares!  ::)  The other people in the waiting room are probably in a similar boat (some condition they want gone or have installed ) as you. Besides, you'll probably never see those people again in your life. Lighten up Dude!  ;)

I dunno, I don't want anyone to know abou this, at all, ever.  Not even ppl in the waiting room.  Just the doctors and staff...and me

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I dunno, I don't want anyone to know abou this, at all, ever.  Not even ppl in the waiting room.  Just the doctors and staff...and me

Yeah, I hear ya Dude....  ;)

Offline .invincible.ironman.

• Posting Member
  • I hate YaBB 1G - SP1!
I dont even want the doctors and staff to know! :P

Offline nope1

• Gold Member
I dont even want the doctors and staff to know! :P

I don't mind the doctor knowing, but now that you mention it, I don't want the staff knowing...who knows who this secretary knows, she might be friends with my boss, a relative, who knows!  And I don't think they secretarys hold themselves to the same code or standard of privacy that the doctors do.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I don't mind the doctor knowing, but now that you mention it, I don't want the staff knowing...who knows who this secretary knows, she might be friends with my boss, a relative, who knows!  And I don't think they secretarys hold themselves to the same code or standard of privacy that the doctors do.

Dude.... you gotta chill a bit here. There's no big conspiracy. To you, Gyne may be embarrassing ( was for me  :-/ ), but to Doctors and their secretaries, they know that Gyne most of the time, is not self inflicted. No fault of your own. Even if it was self inflicted ( Roids etc... ) who cares?

Don't confuse a Doctor's secretary with a teenage girl who's going to run and tell all her friends about some guy who has boobs. I highly doubt that someone in that capacity would run around gossiping and giggling about your misfortune.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024