Author Topic: Surgery on September 21st  (Read 2935 times)

Offline stupid101

• Posting Member
Hi. I'm having my surgery on September 21st.  I'm a 25 y/o east indian male living in the GTA.  Reading these posts have been very helpful...very comforting to know there are so many people in the same situation.

Has anybody asked Dr Fielding to fill out any medical forms to get time off work to recover?  I know most people say they're able to go back by Monday (after having surgery on the Wednesday before), but I'm thinking of taking an extra week just to take it eazy.

Offline jalen_rose5

• Posting Member
  • conditioning coach for the Indiana Pacers
Good Luck, I got mine done by an excellent surgeon but I did consider Fielding. He seems to be very good as well.
GOOD LUCK,
Jalen.

Offline Creek

• Posting Member
Yeah, I remember him mentioning that he'd write some notes if just so your boss wouldn't give you any trouble. I'm assuming he'd also be willing to fill out forms.
The thing of it is that employers aren't even allowed to ask what your medical affliction is, so you can ask them for a certain ammount of medical leave and they can't really do anything but comply.

Offline stupid101

• Posting Member
FYI...went for my pre-op appointment today, and Fielding happily filled out my forms in 30 secs.  Nice guy.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
The thing of it is that employers aren't even allowed to ask what your medical affliction is, so you can ask them for a certain ammount of medical leave and they can't really do anything but comply.

True! However, your employer does not have to pay you for such leave. Which, for some, may be a problem.

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Has anybody asked Dr Fielding to fill out any medical forms to get time off work to recover?  I know most people say they're able to go back by Monday (after having surgery on the Wednesday before), but I'm thinking of taking an extra week just to take it eazy.

JCF authorized me for 3 weeks off of work. However, I only took 2 weeks, which was sufficient, as my employer's health coverage would not grant me any paid LOA. So, I had to use two weeks of my 4 weeks 2005 holidays. That really bit the bag but whatcha gonna do eh? 2005 was only my second holliday year that I have 4 weeks holidays and had to use half of 'em recouping from surgery. Well, at least it was a paid LOA of some sort! I'm just happier than a pig in shyte that my moobs are gone!  :D

John.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2005, 10:34:11 AM by Bambu »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

FYI...went for my pre-op appointment today, and Fielding happily filled out my forms in 30 secs.  Nice guy.

Yeah, me too! He asked me how long I wanted off work to recover and I asked for 3 weeks as I have a fairly physical job. He had no probs granting 3 weeks. However, as my previous post mentioned, I only took 2 weeks.

Yes, I agree! JCF is a very nice.    HE-DA-MAN!

John.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2005, 10:49:16 AM by Bambu »

Offline stupid101

• Posting Member
FYI, I had my surgery last Wednesday, and had a follow up with Fielding on Friday (since I was planning to leave town for a week to recuperate in Ottawa).

Absolutely no pain - not after the surgery, and nonoe to this point.  The only discomfort is the crazy itching from the tensor and the foam pads - I am taking them off tomorrow - I can't wait another day.

Looking into purchasing a compression vest.  If anyone knows of a place in Ottawa, would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
Hey man that's awesome!  What/how much did you have done exactly?  Any way you can post some pics?

Congrats again!

Offline Raven

• Silver Member
FYI, I had my surgery last Wednesday, and had a follow up with Fielding on Friday (since I was planning to leave town for a week to recuperate in Ottawa).

Absolutely no pain - not after the surgery, and nonoe to this point.  The only discomfort is the crazy itching from the tensor and the foam pads - I am taking them off tomorrow - I can't wait another day.

Looking into purchasing a compression vest.  If anyone knows of a place in Ottawa, would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Hey Congrats on the successful surgery!!

Call "Tacet Home" in Ottawa, she will hook you up with the Dale Abdominal binder. This is what some folks here have used and works well..
I think mine was about 45$ if my memory serves me correct.
;)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024