Author Topic: Surgery on November 6th  (Read 2956 times)

Offline terrance

• Posting Member
Hey guys,

Long time reader. But my first thread.

So, as the title says I will be having surgery to remove my titties on the 6th of November. I am a 27 year old, fairly athletic guy. 5,11", between - 75-78kg. or somewhere around 180lbs.

I have been having gynecomastia since I was 13 years or mabYe earlier. I always felt it and knew it wasn't normal but since I was slightly over-weight in school I thought that that could have been the reason. Over time i lost weight though , played a lot of sports. I was good at swimming, football, and other sports. but the boobs never went away. gradually i gave up things i loved like swimming, competitive running, etc. I just felt embarrassed taking of my shirt or my breasts bouncing around. High-school was a nightmare because we had to wear a pretty much white/cream colored shit which became see-through when you sweat. I was good at hiding them boobs but however hard i tried it was always like somebody noticed. i swear i used to hate the shirt pointing upwards and the holding the shirt outwards whenever there was a slight wind. This started to affect my posture as well.

worst part about this is i went throught high-school without any interaction with a girl (in a relationship or sexually). I mean i was popular with girls and girls always said i was handsome but i was always so self-conscios about my breasts. shit ruined my life.

So after all the years and years of suffering I am finally going to get it done. The doctor seems well experienced in plastic surgery and apparently he has done over 50 cases so far. I saw three other PS but I decided on the one who I felt most confident under. He explained the procedure and he said it was routine and common. Just told me to get the tests done, gave me the date for surgery and told me not to eat anything before the surgery.

Its Monday today............got another  4 DAYS TO GO. I just cant believe it. I have been waiting for this for so long. Just being able to wear a normal t-shit, going to the beach, pool, steam room. Hell yeah!. Though I do have realistic expectations I understand that it will probably take at least 6 months for the results to become permanent. Still though - I know in 3 months I can wear a normal shirt or t-shit without two big cones pointing outwards.

I am not really nervous. Though should I be?  I am and have been a regular smoker for some time. I will stop Cigarettes for at least the 4 days prior to the operation  - I.e. T,W,R,F . and Saturday and 2 weeks immediately follwing the operation. Is that enough time to quit smoking. Other than that I am in fairly decent shape.

Lastly I would like to thank all the seniors in this forum, the new posters, doctors, everybody basically. I would not have even thought about surgery had I not stumbled on this forum. I just wish I knew about this when I was in college. All your advice, suggestions have been invaluable.

I will post all pics soon.

Take care all.

Offline mtlgyno

• Bronze Member
Congrats man, soon it'll all be over.

Your story sounds exactly like mine, from being overweight as a child, to athletic and popular in high school, but always extremely self concious about my chest.

My only advice to you is do not get only lipo done. I had two surgeries, and the first one was just killer. It cost me 4500$ with no major results and the doctor said I only had fat in there. I still had two huge glands in there. The second one cost me 4100$ and got rid of the problem. I'm still paying interest up the ass off my credit card all because of an incompetent doctor and my desire to get it over with even if I didn't have the funds.

What I'm trying to say is get it done right the first time. Choose the right doctor even if he costs a little more! Results are forever.

As for smoking cigarettes, on the website of one of the most reputed doctors in the USA, they say you need to stop smoking 3-4 days before and 3-4 days after surgery. That's what I did. I don't smoke weed anymore ever since they would make my nipples puff up even more everytime I used, so I didn't ask and my doctor didn't tell.

And don't be nervous. I wasn't nervous, just excited as hell. I've been operated on a few times before, so being under anesthesia didn't worry me.

Cheers, good luck man!

Offline terrance

• Posting Member
hey mtlgyno,

So i typed a long reply only for it to get deleted. Was trying to attach some pics and they got deleted i guess i exceeded the allotted limit.

anyways, dude. Thanks for the reply.

How long post-surgery are you? Any tips you can give me for a successful recovery?

and Yes, my doc is going to do a combination of both excision and Lipo. He said he would start with the lipo and then gradually remove the gland. He said he would leave a little bit of the gland so as to maintain the proper contour of the chest and to prevent the chest from falling inwards. Which made sense after reading some of the posts on the forum. Though I am a little afraid that if he leaves a little bit of the gland it could always grow back up. Dont know if this could happen. I will have to run this with my doc soon.

The no-smoking part is the thing thats killing me. Though I know its going to be so so worth it come Sunday. I can hardly wait. Not really nervous........very excited. Dont think I will stop the weed after surgery though. I am growing some prime Chronic and I know its going to taste even sweeter once I dont have titties.  ;D

Offline terrance

• Posting Member

Offline mtlgyno

• Bronze Member
I'm 20 days post-op, recovery is going good. According to the guidelines, I can take off the compression vest tomorrow and tsart exercising again. As for tips for a healthy recovery, i've just been taking it easy. I'm a landscaper until it starts to snow so obviously I had to take a few weeks off from work. So I just chilled at home, watching TV, but after 3 days I was able to do everything I wanted, just at a low intensity. There's nothing special to recommend though. Just take care of your scars I guess. Lots of water, lots of sleep, take a multi-vitamin everyday and apply vitamin E cream to the scars. Although I don't have a hair on my body and my skin is very light so scars are very visible on me.

good luck dude
hey mtlgyno,

So i typed a long reply only for it to get deleted. Was trying to attach some pics and they got deleted i guess i exceeded the allotted limit.

anyways, dude. Thanks for the reply.

How long post-surgery are you? Any tips you can give me for a successful recovery?

and Yes, my doc is going to do a combination of both excision and Lipo. He said he would start with the lipo and then gradually remove the gland. He said he would leave a little bit of the gland so as to maintain the proper contour of the chest and to prevent the chest from falling inwards. Which made sense after reading some of the posts on the forum. Though I am a little afraid that if he leaves a little bit of the gland it could always grow back up. Dont know if this could happen. I will have to run this with my doc soon.

The no-smoking part is the thing thats killing me. Though I know its going to be so so worth it come Sunday. I can hardly wait. Not really nervous........very excited. Dont think I will stop the weed after surgery though. I am growing some prime Chronic and I know its going to taste even sweeter once I dont have titties.  ;D

Offline terrance

• Posting Member

mtlgyno,

thanks dude. i feel much more comfortable now.

I am planning to taking a week oFf from work so I can give myself some time to nicely heal. I hope I will be ready physically for New Years which is my goal.

I want to know one thing though...........How did it feel immediately after surgery? Were you in pain? Or were you happy that you are now gyne free?
I mean, How do you feel know? Was the surgery worth the effort?

take care dude.

Offline mtlgyno

• Bronze Member
Well I won't lie, my surgery was at 9AM, and until the next morning I was in pain. Some people say that it's like a hardcore chest workout, to them I say bull shit. I went under general anesthesia and had to spend one day at the hospital. Although when I told the doctor that I was in more pain than I had anticipated, he said he understood because he really had to dig deep to get my glands out, more than the average patient because mine were deep and spread out.

But that's what pain  killers are for amirite? ;) The first day they gave me morphine a few times, and after that codeine. But the next morning when I was discharged and walking around, I immediately felt better.

I had to travel 6 hours to get to my hospital and couldn't take my car, but on the way back to the central bus station I was walking my head up high with a fat smile on my face. It was definitely worth it at the time.

And now today is the day that I no longer have a vest. I'm heading to the gym for a leg workout, gonna wear only a thin t-shirt and not be self-concious for the first time in my life. So now I am feeling great and looking as great as I feel. Even though I didn't pay off my surgery completely and am getting screwed with interests from my credit card company, I'd do it again tomorrow morning.

Cheers dude good luck

Offline terrance

• Posting Member
hey mtlgyno,

I have a feeling that I am going to be under as much pain as you. Lets hope the pain killers do the trick  :) . Never had morphine before so this should be a very interesting experience. lol .

But anyway dude, how did your first day at the gym go? I read in another threat where you posted that your chest would hurt when you took off the compression vest. So how is it now? In time it will get better i'm sure.

By the way, do you have any pre-op-post-op pics that you would like to share.

Hey man, as for the interest with the credit cards. Dont worry about it....things will fall into place. I guess you are still young so you got time my friend. I know gyno can be a real curse to live it so whatever expense to get rid of it IMO is well worth it. Think about it, no more negativity. Can do any kind of job you want  :). Anything .

2 more days to go. Dude  I swear I have never been more excited in my life. This will be a life-changing experience either way. Thanks for your support. And I will keep you posted on post-surgery.

Take care dude.

Offline Endless

• Silver Member
hey terrence good luck!
also planning surgery.. still gathering confidence to give the doctor a call and schedule my appointment.

Offline mtlgyno

• Bronze Member
Hey dude how did your surgery go?

Sorry I haven't been on the site for a few weeks. My first days at the gym were quite painful, but I'm glad I did it, because after my 3rd day there the pain was almost gone. Exercises that really hurt were the cable pull downs, the bent over barbell rows, basically the exercises that works your back. I was surprised that the chest didnt feel that bad.

I've been feeling great though in just a t-shirt. It was so worth it. I'm also down to the last 400$ to pay on my credit card. So I'll get that cleared up in the next month.

As for pics, I had a thread in the user photo section with pics before just lipo (incompetent doctor) then after more lipo + excision.

Cheers dude

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024