Author Topic: ** Surgery completed with Dr. Karidis on 23rd June!(Will update regularly)**  (Read 21717 times)

Offline fingerit

• Bronze Member
** Surgery completed with Dr. Karidis on 23rd June!(Will update regularly)**
Dudes!

I've been reading the posts on this forum of you guys who have been considering and actually gone through with surgery for a long time now, probably on and off for a couple of years and I've finally decided its about time I register and write a post.

I dont want to make this post huge and write my life story but just to summarise, I've had significant gyno under one nipple for many years. An appointment with my GP (who was actually very supportive) led to a few consultations with a NHS plastic surgeon who was so negative and dismissive that my only options it seemed was to either live with it (which I've tried to do for over a year now) or go private.

Which leads me to me finally plucking the courage to book an appointment with Dr. Karidis. I've heard so many good things from you guys and he does seem to be one of the best in this field. I'm actually really looking forward to seeing him, unfortunately I'm not looking forward to handing over the 4k or more but I keep telling myself if it makes me happy with my own body, finally, it's worth it.

I am fully aware that perfection is unrealistic and it maybe a long road to the finished product but just as long as I can wear what I want and not have someone shout man boob/man breasts or tweak my nipple I'll be a happy chappy.

So just to finish I want to thank all you guys who have contributed and shared your stories on this forum because without you guys and this board I would have not found the reassurance and confidence to be able to go through with the option of surgery and to make me feel like I'm not alone. I hope that when it comes to my surgery that I will be able to do the same and hopefully help other guys out there who are in the same position as us.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 03:15:00 AM by fingerit »

Offline SDJ

• Bronze Member
hey, I've been lurking on this forum for a few months too, and I've decided to get surgery with Karidis. I've not had a consultation yet, but I'm saving the money first and going ahead with it at the end of this year if all goes well. Thanks for all the information guys.

Offline fingerit

• Bronze Member
Hey guys, just a quick update.

I had my consultation with Dr. Karidis, he seemed a really nice guys and answered all the questions I had, totally made me feel confident that he could correct my problem. It all lasted about 20 minutes, I have to say, it was a long day just travel to London for a 20 minute consultation but totally worth it. The hospital is really nice too, a huge contrast from the NHS hospitals I'm used to!

I decided to give it a couple of days to think about it and was given an idea of how long I would have to wait. I was told that I could have my surgery as early as the beginning of June (had my consultation on the 23rd May) which was awesome news, the sooner the better but I finally decided to go for the 23rd of June. I'm also booked in for 7:30am so will be travelling down the previous night and having a night in a hotel before going to the hospital.

I keep trying to visualise how my chest is going to look after the surgery but just cant seem to do it, I really can't wait to see the results!!

I haven't exactly been honest with my family on how much its going to cost, I can justify spending the money but I don't think they completely understand the reason I want surgery.

Anyway, in the meantime, is there anything I should take with me apart from the proper clothing for post surgery? I heard pineapple juice can help the swelling or something?

Also, I'll be taking the Thursday and Friday off work so will have 3 full days to recover from the surgery, I work in an office so not a manual job, do you think that will be enough time? I'm also wondering about what excuses to give people for wearing my compression vest, I'm hoping it wont be noticeable under my shirt?

Offline lightweightbaby

• Bronze Member
Glad to hear youve booked your surgery you wont regret it mate, and i was in the same boat as you i didnt tell anyone about the surgery as i knew they wouldnt understand spending 4k.

I think if you book the monday and tuesday off work you would do better or if not just call in sick if you feel like you cant make it and need a couple of days more recovery. If its just office work you should be fine though.

As for the compression vest, if your working in an office wear a white tshirt over the vest under your shirt, then knowone will tell as they fit very tight to your body or just wear a black shirt? As for an excuse if anyone does see the vest tell them you tore a pec muscle in the gym while doing flys and the doctor has given you the vest to keep your chest nice and tight until it heals in 2-3 weeks time ;)

As for taking stuff to the hospital, take as little as possible and then its less to carry when you go home, i made a mistake of taking a big bag and that really did tire me out. And also if you can get back home on the day of surgery as you will feel less stiff on the day and its always better healing in your own home.

All the best mate

Offline fingerit

• Bronze Member
Thats great advice cheers! I was thinking along the same lines of saying I tore my pec, I was also going to ask my doctor when I go and ask if he can do my blood test if he could give me a sick note just in case for a few days the following week. He's been pretty supportive up to this point so I'm hoping he'll be cool with that.

Speaking of the vest again, wearing it day and night for the first week and not being able to machine wash it, wont it start to stink? I sweat like a pig at night! lol. Do those tight Nike training vests do the same thing or are the compression vest much better?

Offline lightweightbaby

• Bronze Member
Yeah they do start to stink but you should get 2 so i used to just switch them around. I would say the nike compression tops are good but they arent as supportive as the compression vest, the nike tops have more stretch to them.

Offline wantridofgyno17

• Silver Member
Congratoulations on getting your surgery booked dude! I'm going with Karidis too, you mentioned you could of had the op at the beginning of june, what date(s) were availible and were they still availible when you booked your surgery, and if so what fate did you book it on? I'm hoping to try and see if there's any chance they can get me in next saturday or the following tuesday! Sadly they're not open on the weekend ythough and probably won't be monday so will have to ring tuesday, going to be cutting it fine I imagine!!

Offline Choda

• Silver Member
I was originally booked in on the 23rd of June, but they switched it to the 21st. All the best fella and see you on the other side. ;D

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
Some of the best money you will ever spend  ;D Although I keep buying new thirts/tops & jumpers, so the final bill of replacing a huge chunk of my wardrobe might wipe the silly grin off my face that has been there over the last week  ;D

Offline Choda

• Silver Member
Some of the best money you will ever spend  ;D Although I keep buying new thirts/tops & jumpers, so the final bill of replacing a huge chunk of my wardrobe might wipe the silly grin off my face that has been there over the last week  ;D

Haha I've already been looking at new tshirts. ;D

Offline fingerit

• Bronze Member
Congratoulations on getting your surgery booked dude! I'm going with Karidis too, you mentioned you could of had the op at the beginning of june, what date(s) were availible and were they still availible when you booked your surgery, and if so what fate did you book it on? I'm hoping to try and see if there's any chance they can get me in next saturday or the following tuesday! Sadly they're not open on the weekend ythough and probably won't be monday so will have to ring tuesday, going to be cutting it fine I imagine!!

Thanks man, I booked the surgery on the 25th of May I think and one of the admin girls mentioned the 7th of June and the 21st of June was available. That might not be the case now though. I was told Dr. Karidis only is in surgery Tues, Thurs and Sat. Sat is infrequent though from what she said. No harm in asking though.

@Choda: Thats awesome mate, hope all goes well and look forward to hearing the results! I'm looking forward to be able to wear tight t shirts again!

Offline wantridofgyno17

• Silver Member
Ah I guess I'll just have to wait and see, fingers crossed!! Hoping for either this coming Saturday, or the following Tuesday. Will ask about the Thursday as well!

Offline fingerit

• Bronze Member
Guys, I've been a bit retarded. My admission for my surgery is at 7:30am and my surgery taking place at 9am, for some reason I got it into my head that I would be out of the hospital by 9am, I didn't read it right so went and booked my return train for 1pm. If my surgery is at 9am I'm not going to make that train am I? If thats the case I think I've just wasted some cash :-(

Offline sawyer

• Silver Member
where did you book it, was it online?
my girlfriend booked me a surprise trip once, she had the time as summat like 9:30am, and we didn't get on til 2ish later that day.. so i think they accept the ticket, the only thing is you don't get a reserved seat.

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
All the best mate, you won't look back.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024