Author Topic: 13 year old depressed because of gyne.  (Read 1849 times)

Offline canadianmoobs123

• Bronze Member
I am 13, i have man boobs(gynecomastia) and its really hard! Everyone makes fun of me, the swimming pool and the changing room are like my worst enemies, baggy t shirts and huge hoodies are my best friends.  I get tormented every day at school. Everyone(including the girls) "scoop" and "purple nurple" them. Like its bad enough I have this problem, I dont need these ignorant people to mentally torture me. Its very depressing. I found the courage to tell my mom, she took me to the doctor. He said surgerys the best option. Im going to go the the BC childrens hospital on August 31st to get it checked. I heard you have to be at least 15-16 to get it done, but if i get refused ill be extremely depressed. You see, here in Canada, there is no middle school(well in vancouver anyway) and im going to grade 8 in september. Ill be with the "real" bullies. The seniors not letting me walk in the hallway with peace. And gym class will be longer and harder. I hate gym for two reasons. Changing, and the fact I have to wear a t shirt. I dont just have a chest that sticks out a bit, its really noticable. Im not good with bra sizes, but id say its at least a B cup. Im not really overweight. Just a bit chubby. (5`7 151 lbs.). I really hope im able to get the surgery this year. Everydays a mental struggle. Its at the point i cant look into a mirror without my eyes getting watery. Ive had it for 4 years now, i doubt its gonna magically go away next year(they have been saying that everytime i go to the doctor). I need the surgery. I love this site cause now i know theres hundreds if not thousands of people in my shoes. I hate sports. I stay at home everyday in the summer.  I never play sports. Im very un- fit , i get out of breath easily because i simply refuse to exercise at all, because theres always someone staring. I want to do MMA when i grow up, and after this surgery I want to to a weight lifting program, but this disease is psychologically destroying me. I have many things i want to do. I want to have fun like a normal teen. But no. I always ask myself why me. Why? What did i ever do to deserve this. I dont know whats worse, this disease or the society that expects everyone to have a perfect body image. Thank you for reading, and wish me luck :D

Offline GQguy

• Posting Member
Dude. I've been in your shoes. I was tall, skinny with man boobs. What helped was that I got a weight lifting set in my basement. I lifted religiously everyday to ease the pain of looking in the mirror. I actually got buff but the gyn remained. I'm 29 now but have played all sorts of sports, have had a very active sex life with all sorts of great women and have a cool career as a military pilot. All of this with my gyne still intact. Hopefully i'll get the surgery soon.....but the lesson is it hasn't defined my life. And it shouldn't dictate how your life should go either. Do what you want to do......as though no one is looking. I assure you.....people don't care as much as you think they do. Just make sure to take good care of yourself. Work out. Eat right. And do the cool fun things you deserve to do. Don't let this hold you back.

Offline canadianmoobs123

• Bronze Member
thanks for the support bro

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
While it is true that surgery is not common in people your age, that does not mean that it is out of the question.

In early puberty, the hormones are a bit messed up. This is actually quite normal. If you are in this time of your life it would be best to wait to avoid future growth.

Once puberty is nearly over, the hormones have stabilized and the chance of further growth is is not too great.

There are ways to determine where you are. Trust your Doctors, If they say OK, fine. But if they say wait, accept their word. They want the best for you.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024