Author Topic: Dr. Bermant's Surgery  (Read 6735 times)

Offline GynoVictim

• Posting Member
I literally have this EXACT case of gyno

http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/procedure_folder/male_breast/male_breast_reduction.html

I live in Michigan and am very willing to travel to Virginia if I could get the results of that person.

Has anyone traveled from far away to do this procedure?  I'm curious if I'll have to visit it twice, one for a consultation and then one for surgery.  Or can it be planned to where if the surgery is needed than it can be performed in the next few days?

Has anyone had a case similar and gone to Dr. Bermant and had this success?  I'm hoping to plan this around my school and work schedule.  If anyone HAS had this, what was their approximate cost for the whole trip/stay/surgery??

Also if someone has had this surgery, what is the approximate recovery time? I started into heavy lifting to try to help my problem and it's really only made it worse, but now I'm very dedicated to lifting and would wonder how long I would have to take off before I could begin again.

I want this burdon out of my life, I worry way too much about it and I want to be able to enjoy my summer for once in my teenage years.

Help with this would be greatly appreciated.

DrBermant

I literally have this EXACT case of gyno

http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/procedure_folder/male_breast/male_breast_reduction.html

I live in Michigan and am very willing to travel to Virginia if I could get the results of that person.

Has anyone traveled from far away to do this procedure?  I'm curious if I'll have to visit it twice, one for a consultation and then one for surgery.  Or can it be planned to where if the surgery is needed than it can be performed in the next few days?

Has anyone had a case similar and gone to Dr. Bermant and had this success?  I'm hoping to plan this around my school and work schedule.  If anyone HAS had this, what was their approximate cost for the whole trip/stay/surgery??

Also if someone has had this surgery, what is the approximate recovery time? I started into heavy lifting to try to help my problem and it's really only made it worse, but now I'm very dedicated to lifting and would wonder how long I would have to take off before I could begin again.

I want this burdon out of my life, I worry way too much about it and I want to be able to enjoy my summer for once in my teenage years.

Help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Recovery after surgery depends on the original problem, what was done, injury during surgery, bruising, skill of your surgeon, after care, how you heal and other factors. I prefer techniques that typically have less bruising, less swelling, less injury which all help with healing.  That is how I can put up images of my patients so soon after surgery.  Check out typical Bruising, Swelling, and Recovery for my Gynecomastia Surgery.  More bruising, swelling, and tissue damage typically result in more pain, discomfort, and a longer time to heal.

Although I do not tear the muscle, the recovery is sort of like a sprain you can get back when your body lets you, not before.  The body does not heal on a time schedule.  Push it too far too soon and you will set yourself back, cause new injury and swelling, and slow recovery.  My patients are typically walking around comfortably with very little to no pain medication the day after surgery.  The walking is fine, bouncing is not comfortable. Using a keyboard is easy even the day of surgery.  Putting the arms up over the head, now that is putting injured tissues under strain. 

I treat many Professional Athletes and Competition Bodybuilders.  I prefer to individualize the recovery plan for each of my patients.  Such issues are best explored during a consultation with the doctor with who you are planning surgery.

We see patients from around the world who prefer my techniques and most start out with out Preliminary Remote Discussion.  The cost of this evaluation includes an in office for those who either plan surgery or need the in person examination as part of the evaluation.  This evaluation is a discussion of risks, benefits, and alternate methods of care.  Jane is my office manager and can explain the process.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Here is a post I put up a while ago:

I live about 6 hours away from Dr. Bermant - is it possible to get gyno  surgery done that far away?

Or will it be too hard to go back and forth?

How many times would i have to see him after the surgery?

thanks
We see patients from around the world, many much further than 6 hours away. So far this morning, I have talked with and or seen patients from Florida, Montana, New York, and Virginia.  I just recieved an email from one of our patients from Australia.  It was just a picture of him now smiling.  That felt really good, seeing that smile.

Follow-up after surgery depends on the problem to be treated and can be as short as the day after with telephone dressing removal to more frequent office visits for more complex cases.

You can read my patients' experiences about travel and gynecomastia surgery here:

from Texas

from Canada

from California

Travel from Illinois, New York, Florida,

Travel 3-4 Hours

Travel from the UK, Ireland, New York, Chicago, Washington State, Alabama

Travel from Colorado,

Travel from Florida

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture
Posts here in this forum:

Travel From Colorado
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,9010.msg64727/topicseen.html#msg64727

West Virginia
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,8034.0.html
and
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,8212.0.html

Travel to Virginia
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,7607.0.html

Driving 12 Hours the Day After Surgery
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,9010.msg64727/topicseen.html

17 Year Old Patient's Experiences
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,7317.0.html

Travel over 500 Miles for Surgery
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,7608.0.html

Surgery Experiences
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,7291.0.html

Travel Experiences
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,7611.0.html

Travel Experiences
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,7613.0.html

Almost all of my patients move on with their lives, put their gynecomastia days behind them.  Some do stay on the forums a while to help others.

You can learn more about Gynecomastia and Travel here.  Follow-up depends on the problem to be treated and varies from patient to patient. It can range from just the day after surgery to about 6 days for most cases.  More complicated problems need more after surgery care.  Such issues are best explored during a consultation.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Offline GynoVictim

• Posting Member
Thank you very much for your post, I appreciate the thoroughness of the response.

I am a little confused on the Remote package.

If I were to send in pictures/info and pay the 200 dollar fee, would I then have to fly to virginia, get a consultation done and plan a surgery date, fly back, then fly to Virginia again when the time for surgery comes?  Or would the pictures and phone call be sufficient to set up a surgery date?

Being a college student two flights would be very costly and it would be convenient to only have one flight, but is this possible?

Thank you for your kindness.

DrBermant

Thank you very much for your post, I appreciate the thoroughness of the response.

I am a little confused on the Remote package.

If I were to send in pictures/info and pay the 200 dollar fee, would I then have to fly to virginia, get a consultation done and plan a surgery date, fly back, then fly to Virginia again when the time for surgery comes?  Or would the pictures and phone call be sufficient to set up a surgery date?

Being a college student two flights would be very costly and it would be convenient to only have one flight, but is this possible?

Thank you for your kindness.

Most issues can be evaluated with the details from the forms and photos during a preliminary remote discussion and a tentative surgery date scheduled.  However, some problems must be examined in person before we can offer a possible surgery slot.  Jane is my office manager and will be glad to explain the process.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Offline 9Wolf

• Bronze Member
  • Seize the day! Be free of your burden...
You being a college student and on a budget, I would do more research around your area as well. Make a list of plastic surgeons around your area, and visit the websites, etc. Ask how many gynecomastia patients they've had, etc. Look at their photos, especially the post-op photos in the 3-6 month range.

I think it's very cool and extremely helpful how the surgeons on this forum help out and answer questions and all... it's good for them too for the publicity, but still the charges can be ridiculously high for many cases. Especially considering this really isn't a "cosmetic" operation for vanity where the charges can and should be that high. This is a very personal, private, and difficult condition for the victims and having considerate charges help a lot.

See if they would do a quick look at you without charge. With all due respect and courtesy to the many surgeons on this board, a quick look-see, feeling of the breasts, takes all of about 2 minutes, literally and should not cost. Charges for a single photo/email consult should be free. Especially when most of the time, the patient is an obvious case. :) Anyways, just my opinion.

I did my research, didn't have the money that many charge in the US, flew all the way to another country (granted not many people are willing to do that), had a consult with the surgeon, had the dang surgery the next morning. And I had a pretty bad case too (8 out of 10.) All went well (since I did my research and found a VERY knowledgeable and capable, experienced surgeon) and actually INCLUDING the 1000 dollar plane ticket, I paid $3500 which included the gyne surgery, a tonsillectomy AND a septoplasty (for my deviated nose septum) by 2 well reknowned surgeons (one plastic, one ENT.)

So, anyways, hope that helps and gives you a little different perspective. :)
Triple Surgery done in Chandigarh, India (Jan 10, 2008):
1. Gynecomastia Surgery (simultaneously with #2)
2. Tonsillectomy
3. Septoplasty (5 days after #1 and 2)

3 lifelong problems wiped out in a flash of knives... Now recovering and excited beyond belief. :)

Offline GynoVictim

• Posting Member
Thank you both for the responses, I'll be sure to give your office a call and find out what I need to.

But through most of my research I have found Dr.Bermant to be very well reviewed and his site is extremely thurough and seems to generally care about what he does, and appears to do it with great results.  I'm willing to pay whatever I need to, to get the best results I can so I can enjoy the rest of my life.  To me it's a small price to pay.

Thanks for the thoughts though.  If I do have to do two trips to virginia then I probably wont go, because that's just overwhelming in so many ways.  Hopefully one will suffice.

Offline gynguy

• Posting Member
I just had my surgery on March 20th with Bermant, and can help with any questions you may have.  I had to travel from out of state and couldn't afford to make two trips either.  Don't hesitate to call his office and talk to Jane, the office manager, because she is a BIG help!!  Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

DrBermant

I just had my surgery on March 20th with Bermant, and can help with any questions you may have.  I had to travel from out of state and couldn't afford to make two trips either.  Don't hesitate to call his office and talk to Jane, the office manager, because she is a BIG help!!  Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Thank you for your kind words.  Yes, Jane is awesome. ;)

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Offline GynoVictim

• Posting Member
Yep, that's exactly what I was looking for.

One trip is possible, two is not :D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024