Author Topic: About to schedule surgery  (Read 2770 times)

Offline Ready for a change

• Posting Member
Im about to scheduale surgery and I cant wait but I just hate the fact of not being able to do anything for 3 weeks. :-[ But I have one question will it be noticeable that ive had surgery after about the 3rd day

Offline moobsbrah

• Bronze Member
Shirtless? Yes, it absolutely will look noticeable for at least a couple weeks after. Scars can take months to heal depending on the techniques used. But generally after about 3-4 weeks, if you are shirtless on a beach, no one will know you had surgery...

Offline frozen

• Bronze Member
Just to offer my experiences; from the moment I had the surgery I walked out of the hospital with a tight fitted t-shirt and have been wearing MORE tight fitted items every day since! No one has noticed or said anything and both me and my girlfriend think the compression garment I'm wearing completely hides underneath what I wear.

I'm only 4 days post op so I can't comment on what you will look like on a beach 4 weeks down the line, but I hear its a long road to wait for swelling and scar tissue to subside.

What makes you think you can't do "anything" for 3 weeks? Sure you need to take it easy and not excercise much for the first 2 weeks or so but I'm not finding myself too restricted, there's nothing I can't do that's effecting my day-to-day routine much!
Had surgery with Dr. Karidis (London, UK) on 23rd July. Wearing tight t-shirts and looking forward to going swimming!

My experience so far & updates:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=18200.msg126755#msg126755

Pictures:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=18539.msg127741#msg127741

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
hey frozen thanks for the reply on the other post!!

i have another quick question for u what was the anaesthesia process like? im really worried about this!! i asked the ps and he was like its just a small needle in the hand. but heard other things else where and this is my most worry about the whole surgery experience. i have had lots of injections but just really hate them.
im just thinking he was prob just saying that as he seemed totally calm about the whole thing. would be nice to have some info as u have just experienced it. and im probably goin with the same ps as u me thinks.

as reguards to ur other post wearing any t shirts or tight t shirts etc would be amazing especially straight away as u have.

Offline frozen

• Bronze Member
Anaesthesia process really isn't all that bad. Once you've been prepared in your little recovery room you are taken to theatre.

You speak to a nurse for 5 minutes or so who confirms all of your details and the operation that you're in for, then your anaesthesiologist comes in and talks to you. It's kinda thier job to make you feel comfortable and relaxed before they send you to sleep, so it's really not a bad process!

I had an IV inserted into my arm, didn't hurt. I then remember the anaesthesiologist doing something in the area that he inserted my IV, which I couldn't even feel, then I remember him telling me I'd feel a bit sleepy, and then I just drifted off to sleep! It's really peaceful.

Literally a blink later you wake up. Your throat hurts, you're tired, you're thirsty, you might feel a bit nauseous. I also found myself having the occasional shudder, the kind of convulsion you get when you go out into the cold, which is apparently another affect of the anaesthesia.

You then get carted up to your recovery room where after about 3 hours I was ready to go!

Glad you've decided to go with Karidis, he's very professional and really makes you confident about the operation. I distinctly remember him saying in my consultation "I can make you flat" and then after the operation itself "Your chest looks excellent and turned out very nicely", or something along those lines (I was a bit groggy ;D).

Offline Jopet

• Silver Member
  • MANILA, PHILIPPINES
i cant wait to have myself to be knifed...
problem is the money.  :(

how many hours does the operation might take?
*** THE GREATEST AMOUNT OF WASTED TIME IS THE TIME NOT GETTING STARTED. ***

Offline MrRossZ28

• Posting Member
My Surgery cost $3,000.   It took a little over two hours. I'm 10 days pot op and it looks great!!!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024