Author Topic: Changing my attitude  (Read 326 times)

Brdy64

Not any easy one for me, and I can see it will be a "work in progress".
I am trying to become more daring. Like going out in the lobby to check the mail in a T-shirt, or sitting with good posture while I sit and talk to friends at the center. 
I didn't do anything wrong, and I have no reason to hide myself 🤔
Yesterday was kind of a setback when someone at the center commented about my boobs "again". I then also noticed that he also has a little bit of boobs himself, so I told him: "join the club". He agreed that his have been growing lately and is bothered by it. 
After that the conversation changed. 
I am still very self-conscious about it, but I am pressuring myself to just move on. It's not going away. 
I actually really like my boobs anyway. I have to understand that others will notice them too. 

Offline 42CSurprise!

You're venturing into territory that most of us find dangerous and for good reason.  I call it genderbending and that is not something most people are comfortable considering... especially people of our generation.  Younger folks are more tolerant as witnessed by your daughter who offered to come over with makeup so the two of you can play.  Out of discomfort many folks will lean into judgments and will be very unkind.  We're witnessing a great deal of that at the moment.  I appreciate that where you live in Texas, there are some very harsh judgments being acted out.  I live in a much more tolerant part of California but that doesn't make it any easier for me to explore the implications of my hormonal shifts or to express myself fully. 

This morning as I considered the errands I need to run I imagined myself wearing a brassiere beneath a turtleneck... the same one I'm wearing at the moment, and going about my business.  I think my breasts are quite sumptuous but as I've said elsewhere, I'm not an exhibitionist.  I have no illusion that the bank teller, the retail clerk or the woman checking out books at the library are excited to see my breasts even if I like them.  That means that even if I wear this lovely brassiere and this revealing turtleneck if will be beneath a vest and shirt.  If someone is paying close attention they'll realize the shape of that shirt is created by prominent breasts... but no one will be paying that close attention to a bearded man wearing a hat.

It seems you live in a world that is small enough that you regularly run into the same people.  They WILL notice and as you mention, some will comment.  There is no doubt that the more comfort you have with your circumstances, the more accepting you are of your body exactly as it is, the easier it will be to deal with folks with raised eyebrows.  Go for it!

Offline taxmapper

I am being dangerous by exploring knowledge. 
(It also makes me a target.) 

This exploration is odd given the modern connotations involved.  I am finding out that it is our MODERN contemporary society that is having the problem. 
In times past we didnt have this. 

there are some exceptions, but in large part a good deal of what we are complaining about especially with gender roles is mostly modern in design. 

Brdy64

I'm at the day center right now. I did wear my newest jumpsuit and a clingy cotton polo shirt underneath. 
Everyone here from nurses, CNAs, and participants already know I have breasts.
I just have done little to really hide it now. I am too modest to arrive braless or in a tank top, but the weather is warming and I will modestly wear whatever is comfortable. 
I'll get comments, I have and will continue to receive them. It's not the end of the world. 
In fact one of the nurse just a few moments ago said I was looking thinner and asked how much weight I lost. I told her I haven't lost a pound lately, it all went to my chest. 
She got embarrassed 🤣

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024