Author Topic: Finally – day arrives! Going for surgery in 4 hour  (Read 5203 times)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Worst is to wait. Don't understand why they call us 3 hrs. in advance where there is nothing to do till last hour.

Yeah, I wondered the same thing myself. I arrived at St. Josephs Health Center at 8AM but didn't go under the knife until 11:30AM. You're like:  'Come on man, let's get this over with...'   :P

John.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 06:24:50 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline BCGUY

• Bronze Member
You can't eat anything after 12:00am...... and if my surgery is the last one of the day....... I think I will die of starvation!! And I always have gum in my mouth no matter what (unless I am eating) and you cant even chew gum....... man oh man........ I hope I am the first Op in the morning. My Surgery is booked longer then normal though (2 hours instead of 1) because I am getting Lipo on the love handles. I will post before and after pictures after my surgery is complete. I hope this is the best $3300 I ever spent! 5 more days.....

Offline Grandpa Bambu

You can't eat anything after 12:00am...... and if my surgery is the last one of the day.......

That would totally suck dude....

FB (Formerly 'FreezerBurnt') is from Ottawa Ont. and traveled to Toronto for surgery with Fielding. On the day of his OP, he waited and waited. No drink, no food. It got to something like 5PM and they told him that his Op was cancelled and he'd have to come back another time.

I would have gone savage!  :o

John.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 10:15:01 AM by Bambu »

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Yes, that's not good.

I think if they are talking about 5pm surgery time than at least =one should have a breakfast in early morning.

I think rule of thumb is, if you are going for surgery with anesthetia then you have to be with no food for atleast 5 hours. So if they are talking about afternoon time, then breakfsat should be ok. But I don't know that's the logic behind them. No gum even !!!
Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

Offline Grandpa Bambu

No gum even !!!

Yeah, that's a tad extreme huh.  ::)

John.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 11:51:14 AM by Bambu »

Offline BCGUY

• Bronze Member
If they cancelled my surgery...... I would literally SNAP.... I dont know..... it would be pretty hard travelling back to B.C......then back to T.O and take time off work again...... what a shit show that would be. when did they reschedule his surgery for?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

When did they reschedule his surgery for?

The following Wednesday.

Yep, that sure would suck being from BC and they said.... "Ooopps....Sorry! You'll have to come back next week."  >:(

John.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 12:20:25 PM by Bambu »

Offline supaaman

• Silver Member
Yeah,

I was worried about that too, but I think they would put you as top priority if you are from out of town.

GML, to answer your question... no probs as yet.  All healing well.  There is some scarring under the skin (hard lumps) which I have started massaging.  My right side looks awesome, but the left has a ways to go.  It's not symmetrical.  The left nip is a little lower.  It seems to be pushed a little lower by having more tissue on top of it - perhaps that is still swelling, or it may be extra tissue.  If it's extra tissue, it won't look too good and would have to be lipo'd again... but it's very early, so I'll let nature take its course and see how it looks in a few months.
JCF  Success Story - Surgery Aug 23, 2006

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024