Author Topic: List of surgeons that do the surgery in a Hospital?  (Read 3413 times)

Offline dudewithgyne

Hi. My referral from my GP to a Dr. Richards in London was denied. My GP received a letter back stating he can't take me. I don't know why specifically because the letter my GP read to me was vague. I think it's either too long of a wait time or he doesn't take patients from out of town.

The reason I wanted Dr. Richards was because he doesn't charge you liposuction if you don't need it and only does the gland/tissue removal. This was according to the guy on these boards that had surgery with him.

I know Dr. Fielding in Toronto does surgery in a hospital, but from what other people say, he charges you $2000 for the liposuction. I even remember someone saying that he didn't even remove much fat, but he still charged $2000 and felt kind of ripped off.

I don't want liposuction. If I want to lose fat, I will go to the gym. I'm a student and can't afford $2000 for something I don't need. If you can't get the surgery without getting lipo, then why isn't it covered by OHIP? If that's true I'm going to contact my MP about it.

So, who else besides Dr. Fielding/Dr. Richards? There's gotta be at least a couple more in all of Ontario? This just isn't fair. How come women can get breast reduction completely covered but men have to pay thousands of dollars?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Have you gone for a consult with JCF?

BTW, women have to have a valid reason (causes back pain etc...) for getting a breast reduction on the tax payers coin. They cannot just walk into their GP and say I want a 'free' breast reduction.

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline dudewithgyne

No I have not had a consult, because I know he will charge $2000. I have problems with my posture, but it's not because of the fat, it's because of the gland tissue. There is some fat but it's mostly gland and covers my whole chest, that's why I don't want to get ripped off.

Offline AZ54321

• Posting Member
How would you get ripped off my Fielding? He's by far one of the most experienced surgeons for gynecomastia removal with one of the cheapest pricetags. lol gynecomastia correction almost always required a combo of lipo and glandular excision. Go check out Lista's prices if you're not pleased with Fielding, and I can guarantee you'll go with Fielding.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
No I have not had a consult, because I know he will charge $2000.

Dude, here's what you....  book a consult with JCF. The consult is paid for by OHIP ;). Tell the doc that you want excision only. Hey, if he says no, then you are no worse for ware. ;)  Yes/No?

If the patient is fairly thin, I can't see why JCF would insist on lipo. Some other PS's are willing to do excision only. If the patient was obese, and an 'excision only' procedure would make chest look worse, then I could understand Doc Fielding's reluctance in omitting the lipo procedure...

GB...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024