Author Topic: just returned from surgery  (Read 6802 times)

Offline rob_m

• Bronze Member
just returned home, and I have to say,  I FEEL FANTASTIC !!!!!

THE FOLLOWING IS AN ACTUAL ACCOUNT OF MY DAYS EVENTS.

I JUST COULD NOT FALL ASLEEP LAST NIGHT UNTIL REAL EARLY THIS MORNING.(NERVES)

I HAD TO REPORT TO THE HOSPITAL AT 12:30, I ARRIVED AT 12 TO ALLOW MY WIFE AND KIDS TO HIT THE CAFETERIA FOR LUNCH(SUCKED WATCHING THEM EAT)
AT 12:30 I WAS BROUGHT INTO THE SURGICAL PREP AREA AND AFTER A FEW QUICK QUESTIONS I WAS READY FOR MY I.V.

NOW, THE NURSE SAYS TO ME, "THIS WILL BURN, BUT TRY TO KEEP YOUR HAND FROM CLINCHING UP".
I DIDN'T FEEL A THING, AND I DON'T THINK SHE BELIEVED ME. I DON'T CARE SHE DID A FANTASTIC JOB.

WELL, THEN SHE INFORMED ME THAT Dr. Silverman WAS ABOUT AN HOUR BEHIND SCHEDULE( I WAS PREPARED FOR THAT, IT HAPPENS, NO BIGGIE)

NEXT THE SLEEP DR. CAME IN, I WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO SPELL THE PROPER MEDICAL NAME FOR HER, LOL.

THEN NEXT 15 MINUTES WERE VERY COOL, ANOTHER DR. CAME IN AND SAYS TO ME, " I WILL GIVE YOU SOMETHING TO RELAX YOU". THEN HE SHOT SOMETHING INTO MY I.V., AND BEFORE I KNEW WHAT HIT ME, I FELT LIKE I HAD JUST DRANK ABOUT 8 BEERS. ( I FELT REALLY GOOD, NO MORE ANXIETY OR FEAR WHAT-SO-EVER)

I WAS WHEELED INTO THE O.R., AND THE LAST THING I REMEMBER WAS THE FEEL GOOD DR. SAYING, " HERE COMES THE MILK OF AMNESIA".

THEN AFTER A REALLY GOOD DREAM, AND WHAT FELT LIKE 2 MINUTES(ACTUALLY 1 1/2 HOURS) I WOKE IN THE RECOVERY ROOM.

I FELT FANTASTIC, THE ONLY THING I FELT, IS WHAT I FEEL NOW, IT JUST FEELS LIKE I JUST COMPLETED A CHEST WORKOUT AT THE GYM(IF I TYPE FEEL AND FELT 2 MORE TIMES, I GET A PRIZE)

A COUPLE OF THINGS I'VE NOTICED SO FAR( MIND YOU, ONLY 3 HOURS POST-OP), I DO NOT HAVE ANY STITCHES, ONLY THE MEDICAL TAPE, AND VERY , VERY MINOR BRUISING.  TIME WILL TELL, AND SO SHALL I.

OH, AND I HAVE YET TO TAKE ANY PAIN MEDS,(THOUGH I KNOW I WON'T PASS UP THE OPERTUNITY TO, HEHEHEHE)

MORE TO FOLLOW IN THE COMING DAYS, PLEASE EXCUSE THE TYPOS
1 year post op, it's going to be a good summer

Offline rob_m

• Bronze Member
I FORGOT TO MENTION A FEW THINGS.

FIRST AND FORMOST, (I KNOW I MENTIONED THIS BEFORE), MY SURGERY WAS PERFORMED BY DR. Dr. Silverman. ( SO FAR, AND I DON'T EXPECT ANYTHING TO CHANGE), FROM START TO FINISH AN ABSOLUTE SUPER EXPERIENCE WITH HIM.

I HAD THE SURGERY AT UMASS, HAHNEMANN CAMPUS,
AND FROM PRE-TEST UNTIL LEAVING TO GO HOME, AN ABSOLUTE SUPER EXPERIENCE.

ALL OF THE NURSE'S AND DOCTORS WERE IN MY OPINION, PROFESSIONAL AND CURTEOUS AND WENT OUT OF THEIR WAY TO MAKE I WAS AS COMFORTABLE AS POSSIBLE.

ONCE AGAIN, PLEASE EXCUSE ANY TYPOS

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
Congrats.  Post some pics soon if you can.

Offline rob_m

• Bronze Member
thanks blitz.

I have to go for a follow up on monday the 9th, I will ask if I can have my before pics, and as soon as I can take this vest off I will take some after shots.

I will post them here as soon as I can

I walked around work today standing taller than I ever have, let me tell you, theres no better feeling !!!!

I can see right now some shirt shopping is in order 8)

Offline rob_m

• Bronze Member
well it's been 2 days and today i was able to take the vest off for the 1st time to take a quick shower.
(my first naked view of my new chest)

so far so good, i really could not ask for better results.

I don't have any bruises, and very minimal swelling, and most of all, my chest is like a board. i know, get some pictures posted.

and by looking at the gauze pads i removed, i did not have any leakage.

anyways, if you are reading, thanks for taking the time to share my experience.

Offline rob_m

• Bronze Member
no problem "goingnow"

good luck with the surgery, and i check this site quite often, so don't hesitate to ask any questions.

Offline rob_m

• Bronze Member
well, I went for my follow up today.

Dr. Silverman took off the tape on my nipples, and the incisions from what i can see are very small.

my chest just looks fantastic, my only regret is I should have gotten this done a long time ago.

if anyone is considering getting this done because their life is limited to wearing a shirt, then don't just consider it, GO GET IT TAKEN CARE OF

also, I purchased  some under armour today, feels really comfortable, and only 24.00 for a sleeveless shirt.

and if you have a cushy type couch, they sleep well when limited to sleeping on your back.

Offline jack9

• Bronze Member
Rob, great info.  I have a few questions.  I am considering Silverman.  You seem to have had a great experience.  I don't know your body type.   I have heard that he does great work on body builders.  However, I am not a muscular person.  I am just an average build--not overweight and in pretty good shape for my age except for my chest.  

What is your body type?  
What was your level of gyne?
Does he give local anethesia?
What was the cost?
Is there a charge for consult?
When were you able to return to work?

Hope the questions aren't too intrusive.  Any info you provide is greatly appreciated.

Offline rob_m

• Bronze Member
hey jack,
I am 5'10 about 195 lbs(i'd say average build)
I don't lift weights, so i'd say i'm about as average as joe can be.

i'd say I had about a medium case of gyne.

as far as local, he told me i could choose either general or local(it didnt matter to him, as it is one price for either or).  I won't pretend to know anything about having it done with a local, but I will say this, being put to sleep for a short period of time defenitely was the way to go.
I would do that again in a heartbeat.

the cost was as follows:
surgery = 4000
facility   = 750
anes.    = 528
pathology= 35

it was a 100 dollar consult fee, however if you schedule the surgery that day the fee is waived and a 300 dollar deposit is required(deducted from the 4000)

I returned to work the very next day

hope this helps you out(being as I am writing it sitting atop of cloud 9 ) if you get my meaning

« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 07:39:17 AM by rob_m »

Offline jack9

• Bronze Member
You have been more than helpful.  Thanks so much for the information.  

Offline rob_m

• Bronze Member
by the way, is that jack-9 suited or offsuit?
some use that name because it is their fav. texas holdem starting hand.
just curious!!!

Offline jack9

• Bronze Member
It's my name.  Don't play Texas hold-em but my 12 year old son and his friends do.  

Offline geg100

• Silver Member
any pics yet pls?

Offline rob_m

• Bronze Member
I have my last post-op visit with Dr. Silverman on aug. 29th(which will actually be the 8 week mark)

he said after he takes the post-op photos he will email them to me and i will post them first thing.

although i have been wanting to get a digital camera, so maybe i will just do that, but until the 29th, i will only be able to post some post-op photos.

i'll get some on here as soon as i can

P.S. i am nearing the 2 week mark and i could not be any happier with the new me.

Rob

Offline jack9

• Bronze Member
Rob,
Thanks for all the information you have provided.  I would really appreciate seeing photos.  It seems that most of the pictures on his website show muscular guys.  You said you are an average joe so I would like to see what your results are--even if you don't have the before photos.  You said that your body looked like #4 on his website.  That is a solid/muscular body.  Mine looks more like #6 without the puffy nipples.  Thanks again.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024