Author Topic: had an appointment today  (Read 3338 times)

Offline abaz

• Bronze Member
and the doctor felt my boobs and didnt fell any lumps, and said they'll go away  :( i've had these things since i was 13, and im turning 19 in 2 months, you cant tell me they're gonna go away anytime soon  ::) anyways, back to depression land knowing that im gonna be stuck with these meat flabs.  :(

AbaZ

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
What kind of doctor did you see?  I'm assuming this wasn't a plastic surgeon you spoke with.  I had blood tests taken and spoke with an endocrinologist about my gynecomastia and she felt I should wait until my 20s to see if they would go away on their own.

Needless to say, I had surgery and I have no regrets.  I do think it's very important for people with gyne to speak with an endocrinologist who specializes in (or is very familiar with) gynecomastia in order to sort out any underlying hormone issues, especially if you plan to get gyne removal surgery.

Go see a reputable plastic surgeon in your area and discuss your gynecomastia with them.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 10:10:46 AM by nukem2k5 »
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline abaz

• Bronze Member
i was told that i have to get referred to an endo  :-/ i forgot the person who can find them on here, but i live in Calgary Alberta if someone can help me find one.

Offline Preds

• Silver Member
hypo has that info.  Not sure what kind of doc you went to but remember they are not all the same.  Some don't car, some only want your money and some have compassion and will actually listen to your concerns and give you honest answers.  IThen there are those who are idiots  but can still pass test.  lol  ts hard to find out which one you saw.  Again, I am not making an attack on him but its something to consider.  I would love to see actually how many people actually grow out of gyne.  Its one thing to have a nipple protrude a little but its hard to believe someone would grow out of full breast
Post surgery
Got my shirt off right now!!!!! lol

Offline nukem2k5

I used to know a website from which hypo got listings for endocrinologists.  If I can remember it, I'll post it here.  I'm sure if he sees this thread he'll be happy to help you.

Offline Hypo-is-here

i was told that i have to get referred to an endo  :-/ i forgot the person who can find them on here, but i live in Calgary Alberta if someone can help me find one.

I live thousands of miles away in the UK and do not know much about Canada so having been unable to locate any endocrinologist who has an interest in reproductive endocrinology in your state I have included all endocrinologists in Canada that I could find that have an interest in reproductive endocrinology (you wouldn't want to see one that didn't specialize in this area).

Pulling up a map of Canada it looks as though your best bet might be the one in Saskatoon as that looks to be the next state to you....but hey you know more than me about where you live so I leave that to you.

Nawal Khamis Salem Mhamed Al Mutawa Naqbi, MD
JGH Montreal Canada D311
Montreal, QC, H2X 3R4
CANADA
Phone: (514) 340-8232
Interest Areas:
   Adrenal Disorders
   Diabetes Mellitus
   Pituitary Disorders
   Reproductive Endocrinology
   Thyroid Dysfunction

Ronnie Aronson, MD, FRCP, FACE
1235 Trafalgar Road
Oakville, Ontario, L6H 3P1
CANADA
Phone: (905) 337-0040
Interest Areas:
   Diabetes Mellitus
   Lipid Disorders
   Thyroid Dysfunction
   Osteoporosis

Makram Antonious Boctor, MD, DMSc, FACE
Royal University Hospital
Endocrinology Dept. of Medicine
Saskatoon, SK, S7N OW8
CANADA
Phone: (306) 966-7911
Interest Areas:
   Diabetes Mellitus
   General Endocrinology and Metabolism
   Lipid Disorders
   Other

Muhammad U. Chaudhry, MD, FACE
135 MacBeath Avenue
Moncton, NB, E1C 6Z8
CANADA
Phone: (506) 857-5701
Interest Areas:
   Adrenal Disorders
   Diabetes Mellitus
   Pituitary Disorders
   Thyroid Dysfunction

Maria Garrido, MD
15 Demoncel
Beauport, Quebec, G1E5M8
CANADA
Phone: (418) 661-2123
Interest Areas:
   Diabetes Mellitus

Tisha Joy, MD
710-500 Proudfoot Lane
London, Ontario, N6H 5G7
CANADA
Interest Areas:
   Hypertension
   Thyroid Dysfunction

Shagufta Usmari Khan, MBBS
138 Laurel Avenue
Etobicoke, Ontario, M9B 4T6
CANADA
Phone: (416) 695-3452
Interest Areas:
   Osteoporosis

Nicole Michon, MD
Ste. Justines Hospital
3175 Cote Ste. Catherine
Montreal, Quebec, H3TIC5
CANADA
Interest Areas:
   Diabetes Mellitus
   Disease of Pregnancy
   Thyroid Dysfunction

Marie-Pierrette Pono Ntyonga, MD
10604 Av. Armand-Lavergne
Montreal, Quebec, H1H 3P1
CANADA
Phone: 514-343-3994
Interest Areas:
   Diabetes Mellitus
   Thyroid Dysfunction

Needless to say, I had surgery and I have no regrets (except maybe the bill of the blood tests and endo appointment).

Hey Nick don't forget that is easy to say AFTER the fact once no problem seems to be an issue for you.

Getting a good endocrinologist to check you out is like hiring a property surveyor when you are looking to buy a house.

If they find a problem with the house you were going to buy you thank them endlessly, telling them how you are so grateful that you came to see them and avoided buying the house.

But if they say yes the house is fine go ahead and buy it you think Jeez I could have said that myself and regret the cost and having to pay them  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Same with an endo.

If they find an underlying condition and treat you, you thank them endlessly for finding and diagnosing it and avoiding the chance of having re-development of gynecomastia post surgery.

You go off a happy bunny on your treatment and have surgery.

If however he checks you out and says you are fine you think............ ;)

I think I have labored the point, but you can see where I am coming from.

Offline nukem2k5

Hey Nick don't forget that is easy to say AFTER the fact once no problem seems to be an issue for you.

Getting a good endocrinologist to check you out is like hiring a property surveyor when you are looking to buy a house.

If they find a problem with the house you were going to buy you thank them endlessly, telling them how you are so grateful that you came to see them and avoided buying the house.

But if they say yes the house is fine go ahead and buy it you think Jeez I could have said that myself and regret the cost and having to pay them  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Same with an endo.

If they find an underlying condition and treat you, you thank them endlessly for finding and diagnosing it and avoiding the chance of having re-development of gynecomastia post surgery.

You go off a happy bunny on your treatment and have surgery.

If however he checks you out and says you are fine you think............ ;)

I think I have labored the point, but you can see where I am coming from.

I 100% agree.  I cannot stress how important it is to make sure your hormone levels are in check before proceding with surgery.  I suppose I should rephrase: I wish I could get my money back since she didn't find a problem ;)  (I took it out of my first post so people don't see it and neglect to read this).

Many people decide not to see an endo prior to surgery, and for many of them reoccurance is never an issue, but Chris makes a very good comparison and this is why it's important to have your hormone levels analyzed.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 10:11:53 AM by nukem2k5 »

Offline abaz

• Bronze Member
The doctor I visited was just a walk in doctor, and I just asked him while I was there. I dont have a family doctor, but I am starting to think of getting one.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024