Author Topic: Had op with Karidis on tuesday  (Read 3989 times)

Offline williamdave

• Posting Member
Hi all.

I haven't been on for a while. Was really busy leading up to the op.

Anyway, I thought i'd post now just to fill you guys in with how it went. Plus anyone thinking of seeing Karidis as an alternative to Levick may find this useful.

Arrived at the hospital at 8.30 tuesday morning. Was taken down for op at half nine! Was very impressed with the very little waiting I had to do!

I was very nervous about the whole thing, mainly because I'd had this done twice before by a company that has since gone out of business! But I wont get into that! Just empahasises how important it is to RESEARCH!

Arrived back in my room at about 12.00pm . The op took a while due to the amount of scar tissue etc that Karidis had to remove from the previous botched ops!

Then the drama started! I don't want anyone who's about to have an op the be alarmed by this because what happened to me isn't common and I've never been particularly good after being put to sleep. so dont worry!

But I basically freaked out about three times over the course of the afternoon. I basically fainted, but i'm told by my parents that my lips went blue and i wasn't a great colour. Anyway the oxygen mask soon sorted me out! I want one for myself!

Came home wednesday morning feeling a little groggy and slightly better yesterday. Today I feel great! No pain at all! Obviously I' still limited with certain movements but I really feel ok, and I haven't had any drugs since yesterday morning!

Karidis was so great over the whole thing. He came to see me three times after the op just to make sure I was ok. And i've seen him this morning because of the amount of tissue he removed. My chest is like a marble floor, and  obviously swollen but I can tell it's going to look great.

So basically if you are looking at other options to Levick, then Karidis in my opinion is a definite alternative.

Back to work on monday! Can't wait! ;D

Offline serg

• Silver Member
Good stuff mate, welcome to the other side.
You're sorted enough in time for Summer! Yippee  8)

Offline williamdave

• Posting Member
Yeah that's a great bonus.

The initial swelling should be well clear by the holidays! ;D

Offline Sporty

• Posting Member
Congradulations williamdave.

I too am thinkin about having the op done by Karidis and have a consultation with him in a couple of weeks.

How long do you have to were the compression vest for ??

Do you have any pre / post op pics ??

Offline williamdave

• Posting Member
The vest is on for 10 days during the day and night. Then 2-3 weeks during the day only.

I haven't any pics as yet. Still very bruised and swollen so not much point. My case was slightly different due to the amount of scar tissue from previous botched efforts.

But trust me Karidis is top class. His website is called niptuck if you haven't already found it.

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Good stuff. I had my op on Wednesday, so we're probably in the same boat. Good luck.
etc.

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
congratulations on ur op, what was the cost of your revision surgery and why did you choose Kadaris over anybody else? I understand the importance of research so would be great to hear how you came to choose him.

thanks

Offline williamdave

• Posting Member
£3500 in total.

I chose Karidis basically because, after the consultation, he came across as the guy I wanted to trust with this.

Initially I researched him because I remembered him doing an op on 'This Morning' and he is always coined as 'Celebrity Surgeon Alex Karidis'. So I thought, well he must be good if people with loads of money chose him when they could afford anyone.

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
thanks William

i have seen him on tv a few times as well. Did you ask how many gyno ops he has done or does per week? also do u know if he makes incisions around the nipple or under the arm?

thanks

Offline williamdave

• Posting Member
For me he made incisions along the bottom of each nipple and under each arm. Barely noticible really.

He's done a fair few, as he showed me some photo's of previous ops. I kinda got the idea that Karidis is hugely talented in all forms of surgery. He knows what is needed and he does it!

Not only did he remove gland and fatty tissue he also removed a hell of a lot of scar tissue. He's basically a perfectionist and will do whatever it takes.

Can't recommend him enough really.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024