Author Topic: Quick help - before I book flight today!!  (Read 2797 times)

Offline waves

• Silver Member
Hi,

I'm flying in for my surgery (with Dr. F) from British Columbia.  Typically I understand those that fly in and stay at a hotel, fly the red eye and land in Toronto on the day of the surgery.  I was told I'll be staying overnight in the hospital, however, the info package from Leslie says to not take any valuables with you to the hospital.  So....if I'm landing that day and going straight to the hospital, then staying overnight there before being discharged and checking into a hotel....what should I do with my luggage?

Hoping someone has some advice before 8:00 EST time today....I want to take advantage of an airline seat sale and now wondering if I should come the day before, check into a hotel and then have a spot for my luggate???

Thanks!

Offline Fatboyslim

• Bronze Member
    • Running For My Existence
Probably too late but I would just call the hospital and ask them the question. Good luck.

Offline waves

• Silver Member
Thanks for the reply.

I ended up buying a ticket that gets me in the day before.  I decided I would rather be well rested for the surgery versus flying on a red eye, getting no sleep and being a nervous wreck zombie the day of.  So I'll stay in a hotel the night before, check-out in the morning and if I have to, store my luggage within the hotel concierge area (they usually allow you to store it for up to a day or so).  So if I can't take it with me to the hospital, I'll have a place to keep it.

Once I'm discharged, I'll go back to the hotel and stay another few nights until my flight home. 

C'mon February...hurry up!   ;D

Offline Fatboyslim

• Bronze Member
Smart move - make a vacation out of it!  ;D Again good luck!

Offline thezombie

• Bronze Member
mate .. good u have changed..

You may want to do something like i did: : note the gaps between days..

surgery  : 23rd november

arrive: 20th november.
see the doc: 21st november
relax : have a beer : 22nd november
arrive to hospital : 22nd night 11.00pm.. just after 12.00am cuz then u wont be charged for that 1 hour as a day
23rd - get the surgery done
24-25th - stay at hostpital
26th -3rd december - stay at hotel... go out..eat..drink(less :p) .. wait for initial bandages to be removed on 3rd december
fly back 4th dec night..

so u see.. at least 14days ...u need sometime after the surgery for the bandages to be removed.. now depends on the doctor..
for 7 days ..i didnt have a bath.. now i wasnt smelling much cuz i stayed in the hotell in aircon room...so really no sweating that much.. i felt shit..but ah ..it was worth it..

so the point is - do not hurry:)

all the best mate.. trust me.. we all worry a lot.. i wish i had got it done ages ago.. but u know wot.. theres still a a lot to do..lot to see..:)
cheers
====================================================================
My Before and After :
https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=21866.msg148419#msg148419
====================================================================

Offline waves

• Silver Member
Thanks Zombie!  I had already purchased my tickets before reading your post, but all information is helpful.  I'm staying longer than I had originally planned (almost a week) so all is good.  Now to figure out a good hotel to stay at!  Close to the hospital or close to downtown (and the other hospital)??  I'm hoping that if I'm not in much pain that I can take in some sights too.  Or is that asking for trouble?   ???

Offline Fatboyslim

• Bronze Member
... I'm hoping that if I'm not in much pain that I can take in some sights too.  Or is that asking for trouble?   ???
Not sure of your schedule but I think you may want to do any sightseeing previous to the surgery. You can move around but it took me a couple of days to venture out of the house. I was lucky enough to not have drains put in but I believe that those would add another level of "pain" to going out as well. On top of that sleep was kind of spotty for the first few days so I didn't really feel 100% either and would try and catch any throughout the day. Hopefully others will disagree with me.  ;)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024