Author Topic: surgery tomorrow, any advice?  (Read 4794 times)

Offline Pearljammer

• Posting Member
hey everyone, finally getting my surgery done tomorrow!
Any advice on how to take care of myself after it's completed?
I'm kinda nervous actually, how long did it take some of you to heal fully?
Thanks everyone, i'll post some pics up soon

Offline ellington7

• Bronze Member
I'm gonna walk you through this my friend..You go into the clinic, you fill out alittle paper work, then you wait until they call you into the back, they ask you to strip leaving on your underware, you put on the medical rob, they mark your chest with the marker to see how there going to perform the surgery, they take you to where the operating table is, they tell you to lay down, they ask you some more questions, say things to make you feel comfretable, tell you there going to put the iv in your arm if your doing general while continuing to talk to you, then you start feeling grauggy, then your out and you wake up in the post op room.  it's that fast..you feel sleepy for what seems like 5 secs then your out.  when you wake up you have your garment on, and in about 10-20 mins your ride takes you home.  When you get home, rest.  Don't touch your chest being anxious to feel how flat it is, don't lift your arms over your head, drink alot of fluids like water and fruit juice, don't eat salt at all, eat fruits, low fat foods, don't take vitamin e, don't smoke if you do, and don't take off the compression vest for 2 days or so, and when your do, get your quick look, take a lukewarm shower while leaving the tape on your incession areas, put garment back on and rest.  If you have excessive swelling let your doc know, but that most likely won't happen, but if it does just know that its normal, and above all be patient.  Swelling doesn't normally go down in a major way until week 2 maybe longer, so just be patient and be excited for how good your gonna look and how much your life will change for the better.

This is not a hard task, but it is if you know what I mean, so hang in there and keep coming to this site for answers to all your questions.  People here know exactly what your dealing with, so that will reassure you when things seem not to be progressing.  I just had my surgery on the 18th so Im dealing with this right now.  anyways that's it, and good luck...let us know how your doing as well..

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Awesome post ellington!

To reiterate what you said... Be patient Pearljammer. I cannot stress that enough. Many guys start to get very impatient in the early going. You have to give your body at least 3-6 months before passing judgment on surgery results.

GB   
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Pearljammer

• Posting Member
thank you both, you really helped

i'll be patient and wait for results and let you know!

thanks again
take care

Offline sasidon

• Bronze Member
**Surgery done @ Appollo chennai**
Surgeon : Dr K Ramachandran

Surgery exp : http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=15201.0
Pics : http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=15513.0
**Pretty happy with the results...**
"All you need is to be mentally strong with enough financial support...get them off"

Offline tttdone

• Bronze Member
Surgery on 8/20/2008

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Offline Pearljammer

• Posting Member
hey everyone, i had my surgery today
it went really really well! thank you all for helping make this decision
oh the worst part about it was vomiting a couple times hahah but i think its gone now
i'll post pictures up in a few weeks or so

Thanks again

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Congrats and welcome to the 'Other Side'....  ;)

GB

Offline jimbob1988

• Bronze Member
Cool man, I had my opp yesterday :D

I did feel quite sick after the ansthetic as-well but its all good, over and done now and already feel 10000x better !! :D

Offline ellington7

• Bronze Member
congrads, and welcome to the other side....

Offline EJ1990

• Posting Member
i cant wait to get to the other side...i have my consult this monday...i cant wait to be shirtless in the beach..at the gym..finally being on the skins team in soccer!!! GIRLS!!!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024