Author Topic: 7 six weeks after gyno surgery still perky  (Read 3381 times)

Offline usmc03

• Posting Member
Hello everyone,

I had gyno surgery 7 weeks ago. The surgery was mostly a success. My man boobs have virtually disapeared but I am still troubled by the fact that my nipples appear to be perky. The doctor removed my glands and did lipo around but my nipples still look either perky or swollen. I'm wondering if I may need more lipo around? my wife and family thinks Im obsessing but I know I see it when I look down! It's bothering me

Suggestions???

thanks

Bobby

DrBermant

Hello everyone,

I had gyno surgery 7 weeks ago. The surgery was mostly a success. My man boobs have virtually disapeared but I am still troubled by the fact that my nipples appear to be perky. The doctor removed my glands and did lipo around but my nipples still look either perky or swollen. I'm wondering if I may need more lipo around? my wife and family thinks Im obsessing but I know I see it when I look down! It's bothering me

Suggestions???

thanks

Bobby

6 weeks can be very early after surgery with some techniques.

Posting Standard After Gynecomastia Pictures can help other better understand your concerns.

Early after surgery swelling can mask residual deformity.  How Tissues Evolve After Gynecomastia Surgery depend on many factors. Firm tissues after surgery can be residual gland, fat, but also can just be healing tissues or scars.  Different surgical techniques injure tissues to different degrees. 

I see many patients who complain of residual "Puffy Nipples" Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia after another doctor's surgery.  There are many possible problems causing such a deformity.  The most common is remaining gland behind the areola as seen in these Anatomy of Puffy Nipple Drawings.  Check out the images with the link for remaining gland after surgery to see what I mean. 

Here are just a few of the many examples I have seen and treated:

The body typically needs to heal before considering revision surgery. Rushing into secondary surgery can be a mistake unless there are complications that need to be addressed or the next surgery is component of a staged procedure.  Time to tissues softening can vary depending on the original problem, what was done, after surgery care, Scar Care, After Surgery Compression Garments, and many other factors.

Options depend on the problem to be treated. Time can range from 6 months to a year but can vary depending on many issues best explored with your surgeon.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia Chest Surgery

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Six weeks after surgery is quite early in the healing process.  And at this point, there is nothing that any surgeon would do except to suggest you wait it out and see how it heals.

If you are very concerned, then perhaps a conversation with your surgeon might allay some fears.

Ultimately, the best time to evaluate is at 5-6 months after surgery.  If things have not settled down to your satisfaction by that time, you might speak to your surgeon  about what he can do for you.  But worrying about something now -- which will settle down later -- will only give you unnecessary gray hair.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024