Author Topic: Surgery less than 2 weeks away, getting nervous  (Read 2230 times)

Offline vtjman

Well my surgery with Dr. Jacobs is now less than two weeks away, May 12.  I was filling out the pre-surgery paperwork and I have to say I am getting pretty nervous about it.  I even had a dream last night that I had the surgery and upon my first visual inspection my chest was still large, or even larger.  I know that things will most likely go ok, but I find myself worrying about the outcome, whether the scarring around the nipples and on the sides will be prevalent enough to keep me from still taking my shirt off at the beach.

Anyways, I am also nervous because I did not get into the kind of shape I wanted to before the surgery.  I am trying to increase my protein intake as Dr. Jacobs recommends, but I am not sure I am getting enough, I am usually at around 100g a day, for 158lbs.

Well that's it for now until the next time I freak out.

Offline suave101

i'm in the same boat as you man! i have my surgery in about 4 weeks with Dr. Jacobs and i'm already beginning to feel nervous and anxious about it. i'm just trying not to think too much about it and keep my mind occupied about other stuff.

i'm sure you'll do fine man; based on what i've read from various sources i don't think the scarring will be too noticeable (after a few months, of course) and you'll be able to take your shirt off without anyone seeing any signs of surgery.

best of luck to you and hopefully the surgery goes well (which i'm sure it will since Dr. Jacobs is the best when it comes to performing this surgery). keep us updated!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024