Author Topic: tamoxifen  (Read 2994 times)

Offline want2go2beach

• Posting Member
I had never even heard of this drug until just now.  I am 26 years old.  Do you think its worth a try before resorting to surgery?  Does it help with puffy nipples? It sure does seem to have a lot of side effects
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 09:29:10 PM by reccart »

Offline borisb

I am sending you the internet link where you can get more information about indole-3-carbinol  which known to sufficiently reduce estrogen and increase Testosterone production.

//
http://ezinearticles.com/?Gynecomastia-Diet-14-Veggies-That-Double-Your-Testosterone-level&id=635971

Here is a list of veggies which trickles your testicles to churn out testosterone.

14 veggies that cause more testosterone....

1.Broccoli

2.Cauliflower

3.Brussels Sprouts

4.Cabbage

5.Collard Greens

6.Kohlrabi

7.Turnips

8.Bok Choy

9.Water Cress

10.Turnip Greens

11.Mustard Greens

12.Radishes

13.Rutabaga

14.Kale

The above list of veggies have a phyto-chemical (meaning chemical substances in plants as above mentioned veggies) called INDOLE-3-CARBINOL

Of course you can consume supplemet with accurate concentration of indole-3-carbinole !!!

Here is also the abstract of interesting article:

Indole-3-Carbinol Is a Negative Regulator of Estrogen Receptor-{alpha} Signaling in Human Tumor Cells1
Qinghui Meng, Fang Yuan*, Itzhak D. Goldberg*, Eliot M. Rosen, Karen Auborn* and Saijun Fan2

Department of Radiation Oncology and * Department of Otolaryngology, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, NY 11040

2To whom correspondence should be addressed.

ABSTRACT

Estrogen, via its binding to the estrogen receptor (ER), plays an important role in breast cancer cell proliferation and tumor development. Indole-3-carbinol (I3C), a compound occurring naturally in cruciferous vegetables, exhibits a potent antitumor activity via its regulation of estrogen activity and metabolism. This study was designed to determine the effect of I3C on the potential to inhibit the ER-{alpha}. Using a reporter gene driven by the estrogen receptor, I3C (10–125 µmol/L) significantly repressed the 17ß-estradiol (E2)-activated ER-{alpha} signaling in a dose-dependent manner. I3C and breast cancer susceptibility gene 1 (BRCA1) synergistically inhibited transcriptional activity of ER-{alpha}. Moreover, I3C down-regulated the expression of the estrogen-responsive genes, pS2 and cathepsin-D, and up-regulated BRCA1. The inhibitory effects of I3C did not contribute to its cytotoxic effects because these activities were observed at less than toxic concentrations. These results further suggest that antitumor activities of I3C are associated not only with its regulation of estrogen activity and metabolism, but also its modulation of ER transcription activity.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

I wish you to solve your problem - gynecomasty naturally without dangerous opreation or syntetic steroids !!!

borisb

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
Concerning the list of vegetables listed above that claim to reduce breast tissue... If a Hooter's Restaurant waitress were to eat those vegetables, would her breasts dissappear? Sorry, but I'm not buying it.

Granted certain dietary habits will impact hormonal balance, and I am a healthy eater, but eating that list of vegetables is not going to eliminate a clump of gland the size of a golf ball. If it were true, there would be no need for this website. I would love for someone to prove me wrong cause then I could skip surgery and fix my gyne at the grocery store.

Someone? Anyone?.........

Offline Punta

• Bronze Member
I beg to differ when talking about Tamoxifen (Nolvadex) and its ability to assist with gynecomastia.

I took this medication to prevent the side effects of an increase in my body's estregen level. This came about by use of testosterone. Although I already had significant gynecomastia from previous use, not only did tamoxifen prevent it from reoccurring it seemed to improve, or slightly shrink, the size of the breast tissue.

Although this was the case, within 3 months of discontinuing tamoxifen, the breast tissue was back to its original size. So for me, was a temporary improvement.

I know this differs to most peoples opinions, but can only speak from my experience. I have since had the breast tissue surgically removed.

Good luck!!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024