Author Topic: Surgery Questions PLEASE HELP  (Read 1440 times)

Offline Allhopeaside

• Posting Member
Busted my ass. Saved All the cash. Time to get busy living. Now the next step.

Got a few questions:

( i realize most of you aren't doctors but alot of you have knowledge through experience so any and all advice is greatly appreciated)

1)anyone know a surgeon in the eastern Pa/NYC/Philly area that they recommend? The guy I saw that was local gave me about 5 minutes of his time, copped a feel and said you just need to lose weight and left the room. Didn't even wait for the nipples to unharden, left me standing there like a jackass. Sooo, basically I could see leaving a guy like that with the surgery being a bad idea. I don't need horrible scars to make this a permanent issue if you know what i mean.

2) What kind of tests do they usually need to run and stuff of that sort.

3) How long is it usually till you can go back to work.

4) Generally, is there a large possibility of recurrence, or is it mostly just an issue of whacked out hormones during puberty. I understand if you get really fat, sure your going to store fat there, but as far as puffy nipples and glandular issues go what generally happens with that.

5) Any other advice you guys think could help. I plan on just whittling away at more body fat until i find one so that this can hopefully go as smoothly as possible. The way i see it, its easier to shovel a driveway in a blizzard if you know where the driveway is if you catch my drift.

Please help, need all the info i can get because I don't know where else to turn to. Google search only gets you so far.   Plus it seems like every doctor needs 150 bones just to give you some, so i'd rather make that cash count and go to ones I'm serious about surgery with because they usually just put that towards the cost and i can't really do that without some direction towards a quality surgeon.

AM I NOT A BETTER MAN?
A MAN WHO HAS GROWN SOUND AND STRONG
A MAN WHO HAS LEARNED FROM HIS MISERY
AM I NOT A BETTER MAN?
A CLEVER MAN WHO TAUGHT HIS FLESH THE WAY OF STEEL THIS LASTING MAN OF RESOLVE AND WILL
AM I NOT A BETTER MAN?
OR JUST A BITTER MAN
THAT ROTS WITH MEMORIES AND ONLY GROWS COLD

INDEED I HAVE GROWN COLD

Offline Denver Omlet

Here is the rundown on surgery.  I can not recommend any Doctors since I live on the other side of the USA, but I just got the surgery done last week and can tell you what it is all about.

1.  Most of the doctors that I had consultations with were very short with me, many also came across as real jerks.  That being said, I just went with the one who seems like he was really confident in himself and his abilities and just had a really crappy bedside manner.  The only thing he had me do in my examination was take off my shirt, grab my boobs, have me put my arms up and down and all around.  He then said he would have to cut the gland out with possible minor lipo.  I am in pretty good shape w/ out a lot of fat but I had a rather large bit of tissue (after removing it the Dr described it as about the size of a hamburger patty aprox 3 inches long... how tasty! no lipo was needed),

2.  The tests they make you run are a set of pretty standard Labs, I could tell you what they test for but it is pretty pointless, it is up to the Dr's instructions as to which tests they want the lab to run.  The only thing you will need to do is go to a lab and have them take blood, I had to get 8 vials of blood filled, then you pee into a cup and leave.  My Dr did not require me to fast prior to my tests. 

3. I had the surgery on a Thursday (July 3rd)  I returned to work on Wednesday (today July 9th)  I could have easily returned on Tuesday but my fiancé was giving me the royal treatment and catering to my every need so I decided to take an extra day.  In all reality I could have gone in on Monday with only minor discomfort.

4. The gland should not re occur unless you start making poor decisions (steroids etc) in which case you are asking for trouble.  That is not saying that it WILL NOT come back, anything is possible.  These forums are great places to look for topics that answer your questions based on people’s experiences.

5. Advice, find a good surgeon that has done gyno surgery before, not just a bunch of boob jobs.  Avoid letting them cut into the sides of your breasts, some Dr's told me that this was the only way, I found out that it is more or leas a lazy way of doing it. (Unless for some reason your case requires it)  Once you get a surgeon, start talking price, don’t EVER be afraid to negotiate, THEY WILL COME DOWN IN PRICE.  Once they reach their final price (if you have the money and are planning on paying cash like I did so there wouldn’t be a paper trace) ask them how much more they can come down if you pay in cash... I know it sounds like buying a car but who cares; it is your hard earned money.  My Dr also paid for all the lab fees, some may even cover pathology tests (which they say they are required to do if they cut gland out, they need to get it tested for cancer).  Lastly, if you are heavy, lose weight.  It might make the problem go away, who knows, if it does you can take the $3000-$5000 and that you would have spent on surgery and just go get a bunch of champagne and ladies! 

ps, the surgery was not a big deal, but it is great to have someone help you do stuff around the house for 2 or 3 days.  I say just get the surgery done, get on with your life, and be happy.  No one will ever be able to describe in words the joy I felt when I took the bandages off and say a smooth male chest, I was elated.

Hope this helps, gotta get back to work!  Best of luck!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024