Author Topic: Surgery within a month.. in Minnesota  (Read 2658 times)

Offline minnhelp

• Posting Member
So I've been reading various post and forum topics for last couple months. My story resonates with most here in this forum so I won't get into any more details and stories....
I've gathered up courage to go see couple of doctors in twin cities area (minneapolis/st paul), Dr Tholen and Dr Van Beek.
I visited both docs last week and gathered some information regarding my case. Just so you know, I am about 5'9 and 160lbs and 34 years old athletic and relatively fit. Both doctors said that I will need a minor excision to remove breast tissue and lipo-sculpting.
My case isn't as severe so that helped reduce some complication with surgery. Dr Tholen's office quoted me around $3700 for full surgery including local anesthesia with sedation. According to Dr Tholen, I do not need general anesthesia due to the fact that my gyne isnt as developed or complex. ANd he thinks I should be able to handle fine.
On the other hand, Dr Van Beek recommended general anesthesia and even though he thinks my gyne is max 5 on a scale of 1-10, he still thinks I should go with general anesthesia and said that over 80% of the time he would recommend that. His office quoted me a price of $5300 OR $4700/local & sedation.
Even though both Surgoen's fee is almost identical, Dr Tholen has operating room in his facility and I am guessing that's what's reducing the total cost.
Dr Van Beek's office looked more up-scalish and staff seemed friendly and he went into great details of how he would operate me and even though I can't pick one over the other based on my personal experience... I think I am leaning towards cost, all other factors being equal?
I am about to call Tholen tomorrow to setup a date 2-3 weeks from now and cross my fingers!...
I will keep my post up-to-date as i go along with the process......

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024