Author Topic: alcohol / tobacco  (Read 2175 times)

Offline superhuman

• Posting Member
Before anyone says anything, yes I tried the 'search' button and I have gotten different answers from everyone. Therefore, I would like to each and individual responses on this thread.

- avoid smoking 2 weeks before surgery

Dr Jacobs wrote... try not to have alcohol 24-48 hours prior to surgery.

Anyways my question is.. what if I have 'one' ciggerate say on the 18th, and 19th... with my surgery being on the 21st. Is it still wrong to do so, and not even smoke at all? What about smoking AFTER surgery? ... like a ciggerate or two

What about drinking?... Jacobs wrote so no alcohol 24-48 hours prior to surgery... so I'm able to drink on the 18th, but 19th and 20th I wont.. and what about after surgery? ... obviously not getting slaughtered everywhere... but moderate drinking.

Offline JamesDawson

• Bronze Member
Alcohol thins your blood which is a problem when having surgery. My advice would be to stop drinking several days before the operation and get some early nights so you are in full health when you go to the hospital. Your going to be pretty tired for the next week after the surgery so its good to prepare before hand.

Offline superhuman

• Posting Member
Thanks for the replies guys...

I have not drank in like a week and a half... nor have I smoked for like 4-5 days. I'm not a heavy smoker.. so like I dont smoke a pack a day and what not....

Will smoking 'one' ciggerate hurt or should I not at all...

I'm aware of the alcohol thing... like a beer or two. Hah I'm on my way to California for my operation from Canada, and darn I dont only want this trip to be regarding my surgery, but I do want to enjoy it quite a bit as Ive never been!...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024